I have not installed it yet, but there is an icon for it on the 9650. Apparently you can set up a free account with them and get up to 1,000 scan codes. Looks sort of cool.
    05-28-10 09:04 AM
    i have tried it on my BB and you can also scan UPC codes to get prices
    05-28-10 09:30 AM
    Played around with it. Not sure how often I will use it, buy I'm sure when I want it I will be glad it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 09:38 AM
    I work at a local ACE Hardware and have tried it there. Works great!!
    05-28-10 06:05 PM
    Glad to find this thread, I've been wondering if the App was any good. I'm going to give it a try.

05-28-10 06:31 PM
    Just walk into your kitchen and try scanning barcodes in your cupboards. App takes a pic then opens up BB Browser to a web site that gives you a complete description and prices at various web sites... You could use it if you were at like Best Buy or Wally World and you wanted to see if the same item was cheaper somewhere else...
    05-28-10 07:51 PM
    I think it's pretty slick, seems to work pretty good. One issue was it didn't seem to read a barcode off a cylindrical can, not sure if it was because of the curve or not...
    05-28-10 07:58 PM
    Can anyone post a download or OTA link? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.
    05-28-10 10:55 PM
    I got it from Appworld.
    05-28-10 10:56 PM
    Surprisingly, Microsoft released a BlackBerry Code reader today that actually works pretty good. Get it at gettag.mobi . Running it on my 9630 with OS5..
    05-28-10 10:58 PM
    Can anyone post a download or OTA link? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Here you go

BlackBerry App World - ScanLife Barcode Reader

I personally think it sucks.
    05-29-10 12:00 AM
    FYI, all I think it does is a google product search on the number...

Just bookmark google product search and type the number manually and you'll get faster results and don't have to deal with the picture recognition crap...

05-29-10 12:54 AM
    I was watching the LOST last week and a commercial for true blood season 3 came on and there was a barcode that flashed on the screen for a second. I had to rewind the tivo and freeze the frame so I could snap a pic of the barcode. It pretty cool cause after I scanned the barcode it took to me a site where you are able to watch clips of season 3 and a little extra info about what to expect this season.
    05-29-10 02:40 AM
    Just walk into your kitchen and try scanning barcodes in your cupboards. App takes a pic then opens up BB Browser to a web site that gives you a complete description and prices at various web sites... You could use it if you were at like Best Buy or Wally World and you wanted to see if the same item was cheaper somewhere else...
    hmm, I don't seem to have the typical bar code reader input found on most foods, books, etc. Mine are like jumbled codes. Here are the 3 types of codes my Scan Buy will read. Do I have to import more codes? I tried scanning several codes on backs of books, foods in my cupboard, none of them would scan. Darn, the camera wouldn't even focus on them clearly, close up they are all blurred.

05-29-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD