This is probably a slightly stupid/newbie question but how do you toggle between Browsers once you have more than one to choose from?
    07-15-09 09:58 PM
    make sure you dont do anything with sensitive info though as its not very secure, but for normal browsing its great!
    Opera Mini is VERY secure. Your info gets scrambled when its sent to and from their servers... That's what the initial mashing of the keys is for.
    07-15-09 10:12 PM
    Hmm, that's not what I heard.

Anyways, I'm coming to Opera Mini on the Tour from the Storm and still getting the hang of it. Is there a way to use it with the cursor like in the BB browser? I love the speed but don't like the slowness of moving around the pages and zooming etc
    07-16-09 08:31 AM
    Opera Mini seems to work a lot faster than the default browser. Looking forward to skyfire though
    07-16-09 08:57 AM
    I noticed this too, but it only seems to do it when you first open the app? If anyone knows how to just give it auto permission so you dont have to hit ok everytime I'd love to hear it!
    In order to stop this you have to turn the phone's firewall on. Options/Security. Once the firewall is activated, you will have to give permission to every app that accesses the data network. However, you only have to do this one time if you wish, subsequent data access requests will be automatically granted.... including Opera Mini.
    07-16-09 09:33 AM
    In order to stop this you have to turn the phone's firewall on. Options/Security. Once the firewall is activated, you will have to give permission to every app that accesses the data network. However, you only have to do this one time if you wish, subsequent data access requests will be automatically granted.... including Opera Mini.
    THANK YOU, great tip!
    07-16-09 09:46 AM
    I like using Bolt. It is a little slow but the websites look so clean.
    07-16-09 09:50 AM
    Went to mini.opera.com and the first line on the page reads "Your phone model could not be detected". Anyone know what the issue with this is. I have a tour btw. However, the "Download Opera Mini" link is below that, so I just tried downloading anyway. After opening Opera, it won't let me type on the keyboard...nothing happens when I type anything in. Anyone else have this problem?

**update
    reinstalled and is working fine now.
    Last edited by ckim82; 07-16-09 at 03:24 PM.
    07-16-09 11:29 AM
    Are you sure you clicked in a text area...?
    07-16-09 11:31 AM
    it was the first app i dled, gonna have to try bolt soon
    07-16-09 02:53 PM
    On my Tour, Opera does not display all of the images on the web page. It doesn't load the images towards the bottom of the page. Does this happen to anyone else?

I understand it's probably to make the page load faster but there doesn't seem to be a way to get the images to display if desired.
    07-18-09 09:52 AM
    Is it possible to set a browser other than the BB browser as the default? So that when opening links in emails, it is consistent.
    07-18-09 07:09 PM
    I use Opera Mini as well and i totally prefer it to the stock browser woot woot
    07-18-09 08:50 PM
    I love Opera Mini, but Bolt is quickly growing on me. It is a very fast browser, I dont know what you guys are talking about. It is lightening fast for me. Really excited for Skyfire, though.
    I was just getting into Bolt on my curve before switching to the Tour. Really liked it for certain (most) sites compared to the bb browser. However, I tried Opera on two different occasions and never stuck with it.

Being on the tour now, the default browser seems very smooth so I haven't tried anything else (yet).

When is skyfire supposed to go public beta? I thought they were aiming for this summer some time?
    07-18-09 09:40 PM
    I hav downloaded the mini but I took it off..I like using the bb browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 09:45 PM
    i followed your suggestion and I am still getting requests for access on subsequent openings of the same site. I.E. this didn't work for me. Any suggestions?
    07-18-09 09:56 PM
    i followed your suggestion and I am still getting requests for access on subsequent openings of the same site. I.E. this didn't work for me. Any suggestions?
    Same here. I set the firewall to enabled and checked the box next to blackberry internet server and it still requests access on opening every time.
    07-18-09 09:59 PM
    go to advanced options, applications, opera mini and edit permissions. change to allow all on all 3. save, and this should work-

Same here. I set the firewall to enabled and checked the box next to blackberry internet server and it still requests access on opening every time.
    07-18-09 10:10 PM
    I love Opera Mini, but Bolt is quickly growing on me. It is a very fast browser, I dont know what you guys are talking about. It is lightening fast for me. Really excited for Skyfire, though.
    I use BOLT as my main browser and have since my Curve and love it. Even faster on than Opera and especially now that I have it on the Tour. I'm sticking with this one!
    07-19-09 01:04 AM
    I downloaded it the first day I got my phone, and it's A LOT better than the stock browser. Downloading pictures is kind of an issue since you can't select view full size in order to make them highest quality for wallpaper, but for just browsing and posting, it is literally twice as fast as the blackberry browser, probably even more than that.

The blackberry browser is pretty quick for a PDA browser, but opera mini loads up pages just as fast as my computer and doesn't have the loading bar, just opens it right up.
    I've not had any reason to other than www. redbox .com BB Browser has been pretty good. I can log into my bank acct., etc...
    07-19-09 01:24 AM
    I seem to be one of the few people who really doesn't have a problem with the BB Browser for quick info lookup etc. I do use Bolt for when I need to utilize a drop down selection on a website or if I need to view something closer to native pc view. That said, I have never noticed Bolt being slow at all. It seems to launch and load pages at a pretty good speed.
    07-19-09 02:11 AM
    Opera Mini's super fast, but the change in font size from small to medium isn't very granular. Its more like microscopic to xtra large. No inline txt editing and some quirks like multi quote not working. If using Opera Mini, be sure to uncheck show overview and animations, also font to small for maximum efficiency. (Tho u may be squinting!)

Bolt can be slow, medium, or acceptable, but I would not call it speedy in anyway. It takes 2x longer than Opera Mini unless no images are selected. That said, it des inline text boxes and gives a very desktop like layout. Too bad it doesn't have an option for caching or a bigger history memory.

I haven't even bothered with the default browser.

Edit: the multi quote thing seems to work if you just click, "post reply" but I did have all kinds of trouble with Opera mini posting this. As fast as Op is, Bolt with XXLarge font seems to be the more stable experience for me right now.

Edit 2: you guys are using the pg up/dn/left/right/top/bottom shorcuts, right? (2,8,4,6,T,B)
    07-19-09 02:33 AM
    [QUOTE=Jodiuh;3094443]Opera Mini's super fast, but the change in font size from small to medium isn't very granular. Its more like microscopic to xtra large. No inline txt editing and some quirks like multi quote not working. If using Opera Mini, be sure to uncheck show overview and animations, also font to small for maximum efficiency. (Tho u may be squinting!)

Bolt can be slow, medium, or acceptable, but I would not call it speedy in anyway. It takes 2x longer than Opera Mini unless no images are selected. That said, it des inline text boxes and gives a very desktop like layout. Too bad it doesn't have an option for caching or a bigger history memory.

I haven't even bothered with the default browser.

Edit: the multi quote thing seems to work if you just click, "post reply" but I did have all kinds of trouble with Opera mini posting this. As fast as Op is, Bolt with XXLarge font seems to be the more stable experience for me right now.

Edit 2: you guys are using the pg up/dn/left/right/top/bottom shorcuts, right? (2,8,4,6,T,B)[/QUOTE]

wait, is this short cut for opera mini or BB browser? I've been looking for page down/up shortcuts on browser and in emails and sms txt icons.
    07-19-09 02:55 AM
    go to advanced options, applications, opera mini and edit permissions. change to allow all on all 3. save, and this should work-
    I set everything to allow on all 3, and it still doesn't work for some reason... Is their anything else that might work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 03:10 AM
    wait, is this short cut for opera mini or BB browser? I've been looking for page down/up shortcuts on browser and in emails and sms txt icons.
    I know it works in both Opera Mini and Bolt Browser. I'm unsure if it works in emails/txt/BB browser.
    07-19-09 03:18 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD