I downloaded it the first day I got my phone, and it's A LOT better than the stock browser. Downloading pictures is kind of an issue since you can't select view full size in order to make them highest quality for wallpaper, but for just browsing and posting, it is literally twice as fast as the blackberry browser, probably even more than that.

The blackberry browser is pretty quick for a PDA browser, but opera mini loads up pages just as fast as my computer and doesn't have the loading bar, just opens it right up.
    07-15-09 08:29 AM
    Yeah I have Opera Mini installed and love it. It is indeed much faster, I'm going to give Bolt a try as well.
    07-15-09 08:33 AM
    make sure you dont do anything with sensitive info though as its not very secure, but for normal browsing its great!
    07-15-09 08:43 AM
    Yeah I have Opera Mini installed and love it. It is indeed much faster, I'm going to give Bolt a try as well.

Bolt is EXTREMELY slow. Are you having issues using Opera as well for downloaded images? You don't have a mouse pointer but just a scroller that highlights links, so I can't get it to select pictures in order to save them as wallpaper, and have to use the bb browser for that.
    07-15-09 08:44 AM
    I have been using BOLT since I got my tour, and I'm very happy with it! I would use opera mini, but I had a storm prior, so i'm just accustom to bolt now
    07-15-09 08:44 AM
    I use Opera mini, Bolt, and the BB Browser often at the same time. I like to have multiple pages open at the same time. Bolt seems slower, but it is only one of three that seems to download the real website vs. mobile version for websites that have both like ESPN. So that is cool. SkyFire will be out soon too.
    07-15-09 08:48 AM
    I use Opera mini, Bolt, and the BB Browser often at the same time. I like to have multiple pages open at the same time. Bolt seems slower, but it is only one of three that seems to download the real website vs. mobile version for websites that have both like ESPN. So that is cool. SkyFire will be out soon too.
    yea I forgot to mention that about Bolt. While it is clearly the slowest out of the three, it is the closest you get to what you see when browsing on a computer, which is pretty cool.

I dunno why there isn't a Firefox mobile? Seems like that would be a great idea since Opera makes one?
    07-15-09 08:50 AM
    I have been using BOLT since I got my tour, and I'm very happy with it! I would use opera mini, but I had a storm prior, so i'm just accustom to bolt now
    Really, I was never able to get anything other than the BB browser on the Storm to work well for more than a few minutes.

Anyway I had Bolt and Opera mini on my Curve and Bolt was pretty nice but still too many bugs to be used as the main browser in my opinion. I did like it though.

I downloaded opera right there in the store after the phone was actvated. No problems, works just as well as it did on the Curve if not a little faster on the Tour of course.
    07-15-09 08:51 AM
    I tried Opera Mini, but everytime I start it and try to go to a page, it asks permission to go to the page. I've set allow all under app permissions, and still cannot figure out how to get it to stop doing that!
    07-15-09 08:55 AM
    I tried Opera Mini, but everytime I start it and try to go to a page, it asks permission to go to the page. I've set allow all under app permissions, and still cannot figure out how to get it to stop doing that!
    I noticed this too, but it only seems to do it when you first open the app? If anyone knows how to just give it auto permission so you dont have to hit ok everytime I'd love to hear it!
    07-15-09 08:56 AM
    I love Opera Mini, but Bolt is quickly growing on me. It is a very fast browser, I dont know what you guys are talking about. It is lightening fast for me. Really excited for Skyfire, though.
    07-15-09 09:00 AM
    No way to give it auto permission, just have to deal with it.
    07-15-09 09:01 AM
    Where do you download bolt and opera mini? Sorry newbie question!
    07-15-09 09:16 AM
    Where do you download bolt and opera mini? Sorry newbie question!
    I just googled both on the Tour and downloaded it from each site's homepage
    07-15-09 09:45 AM
    I went to the opera mini website, followed the download instructions and I kept getting an error the server timed out message.
    07-15-09 10:28 AM
    I've given opera mini a try... I don't see the hype... I dont really care for it...
    07-15-09 10:32 AM
    I've given opera mini a try... I don't see the hype... I dont really care for it...
    well the "hype" for me is it loads pages at least twice as fast as the BB Browser, that's not enough?
    07-15-09 10:36 AM
    well the "hype" for me is it loads pages at least twice as fast as the BB Browser, that's not enough?
    I hate the way you enter info in fields...
    and I just don't like how unsecure it is...

dumb app
    07-15-09 10:39 AM
    I can't find download the Opera mini on Opera website, just tried to click on Opera Mini 4.2 but went to Opera website again.

I can't find latest BB on their support list either, just all are 8000's and below.
    07-15-09 10:45 AM
    I can't find download the Opera mini on Opera website, just tried to click on Opera Mini 4.2 but went to Opera website again.

I can't find latest BB on their support list either, just all are 8000's and below.

Use your Tour browser and go to this address and follow the download instructions.

mini.opera.com
    07-15-09 11:00 AM
    I tried that and I kept getting a server timed out error message.
    07-15-09 11:02 AM
    I hate the way you enter info in fields...
    and I just don't like how unsecure it is...

dumb app
    Dumb app? Rofl. Just don't put any banking info or anything in it... for casual browsing on forums and other web pages, OM blows the BB browser out of the water in speed. Entering into fields isn't the best, but it's really not that big of a deal. Don't be ridiculous.

I've been debating whether or not I want to use Bolt or Opera. I like the Bolt magnification settings better. I can see more of the website, and it renders very well. However, I HATE how it doesn't cache things, and when you use the BB button and hit "stop" it doesn't stop right away. Opera is much faster, caches things, and stops loading when I hit the back button. I just wish there was something in between 'small' and 'medium.' Medium is a huge leap from small.
    07-15-09 11:07 AM
    Use your Tour browser and go to this address and follow the download instructions.

mini.opera.com
    Mine says not compatible with this device try downloading this version but gives me no link to a different version.
    07-15-09 07:37 PM
    I love Opera Mini, but Bolt is quickly growing on me. It is a very fast browser, I dont know what you guys are talking about. It is lightening fast for me. Really excited for Skyfire, though.
    i agree with you Bolt is extremely fast and has no problems...
    07-15-09 09:40 PM
    I am indeed liking opera mini for the Tour!
    07-15-09 09:43 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD