Has anyone tried and got to work the "Mobile VOIP" app over Wifi on the 9930?..

thx!
    02-19-12 12:26 PM
    I think in order to use VOIP, you need your carrier to push a service book to enable the features. For example, my brother can use Skype on his iPhone on Telus network on wifi, but when we were in Asia, the wifi and BIS plan provider blocked all access to VOIP services including Skype.

So, I think the network providers have the final say in it. If you download an app that use VOIP and it doesn't work, most likely it is blocked.
    02-19-12 12:37 PM
    Sorry I don't have a 9930 but while in the Philippines last December, I was able to use NetTalk (VOIP) over wifi on my 9800 Torch. Reception was a bit spotty but it works and not blocked.
    02-19-12 03:40 PM
    Hi, the best thing to use voip on blackberry is Nimbuzz and I use voipclub.biz for voip calls.
    05-31-12 03:24 AM
    MobileVoip lets you make cheap calls to national or international destinations. Save on your mobile phone costs right away, by using this Mobile voip calls app! MobileVoip offers free 3G calls or WiFi calls for users!
    Simply install our MobileVoip app, register with one of the many supported VOIP brands and place FREE calls to your friends and family abroad. If your selected destination is not among the FREE destinations, using mobile voip calls enable you to call them at almost no costs. MobileVoip offers either FREE calls or the cheapest calls you'll find on the market!

Known issues:
    -3G BIS Connections will not work. Please use WiFi.
    -CDMA devices running OS6.0.0.521 and lower don't support VOIP calls. Text Messaging, Callback and Local Access still work.

Features:
    - Make VOIP calls from your BlackBerry
    - Send text messages (SMS)
    - Integrates your phone's contact list
    - Make FREE calls to a selection of destinations
    - Make cheap calls to any international destination
    - Make calls using local access numbers
    - Make calls using callback method

- Connect to Internet using 3G, WiFi, UMTS
    - Works around the globe; anywhere, anytime

Stop spending too much money on your phone calls; use free 3G calls or free WiFi calls with MobileVoip. MobileVoip is the best FREE calls app you'll find on the market!

MobileVoip download here at appworld

Enjoy DelftEo
    05-31-12 03:16 PM
    Using Skype but it's not very stable on Sprint.
    05-31-12 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD