Ever since I got hooked on Twitter I found myself using Viigo less and less. It gives you all the same info but I feel at a quicker rate and easier way. Today I finally deleted Viigo off my device. I guess I'll see how this experiment goes, it's going to be tough, because I love Viigo. Anyone else in the same boat?
    08-09-09 11:54 PM
    I don't see how either could replace the other. Especially since Viigo has twitter service on it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 12:56 AM
    Hi,
    i almost dont use Viigo anymore. Even so i used it a lot before. Its way to large now (1.2 mb) If they make a "Lite"-Version i drop into Viigo again. For now i prefer Twitter using Ubertwitter .903. (But i still have Viigo on my Bold)
    Are their any other Lite Rss-Readers besides -Freerange - which support opml import ?!
    08-10-09 03:46 AM
    I'm with Ronin I stopped using viigo for twitter and now that's all I use.

08-10-09 03:49 AM
    I stopped using Viigo AND Twitter Both were useless for me.
    08-10-09 08:08 AM
    Viigo is still the best news viewer app for me as it offers a preview of the content of the feed on the app itself. I dont like clicking on shortened URLs on most twitter app and waiting for it to load on the native blackberry browser.
    08-10-09 08:18 AM
    I am the same in that I now check the twitter feed for new articles now rather than my RSS reader. I got rid of Viigo a long time ago because it was just way too heavy on my device and hogged up wayyy too much memory. I don't see any reason to download articles to your device, when you could use Google Reader Mobile to view everything and read articles, all online.

If I didn't use twitter, I would be using google reader.
    08-10-09 09:37 AM
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the fruitful Viigo feedback. (We're always listening).

FYI - we're working on a light version of Viigo that will be trimmed down from the Tango version, and will emphasize RSS. Stay tuned to the 'What's New in Viigo' feed or follow us on twitter.
    08-10-09 01:38 PM

FYI - we're working on a light version of Viigo that will be trimmed down from the Tango version, and will emphasize RSS. Stay tuned to the 'What's New in Viigo' feed or follow us on twitter.
    That is greattt news. I recently deleted Viigo from my Tour because it was slow and wayyy too big of an app. Looking forward to a "Lite" version
    08-10-09 03:25 PM

Awesome, thanks for the response.
    08-10-09 04:30 PM

Its a real shame you guys deviated from your initial rss reader which one would have thought was your bred and butter.

Been asking for this since the initial Alpha releases of Tango! Still occasionally use v2.2.282.
    08-10-09 04:36 PM
    Viigo slows down my phone too much. So I don't use it at all

08-10-09 04:37 PM

Great to hear.
    08-10-09 04:40 PM

That is excellent news. I use Viigo on a daily basis to get caught up on a few specific RSS feeds that I feel are better represented through the Viigo viewer than Twitter feeds, but that's really the only function I use, so it'll be awesome if a Viigo Lite were released so I could keep the same feeds and cut down on the total memory used on my phone.

08-10-09 04:53 PM
    I stopped using Viigo too but not for twitter. Viigo just got too big and bloated, hopefully if they make a new lite version I'll go back to using it again
    08-10-09 05:54 PM
    how do i get the ota version of twitter
    08-10-09 08:27 PM

Thank you, many people will be very happy...
    08-10-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD