I've got a Tour and have been using the latest version of SocialScope for a few weeks. Just downloaded the latester version of UT, to check it out and a funny thing happens. In UT, if I select a user and Menu, View Profile, it opens up the profile in SS, not UT. Apparently, one is stepping on the other's toes.

I'm going to send feedback to devs, but just wondered if anyone else noticed this.
    08-14-09 10:55 AM
    I had never seen this on my tour and i have been using the newest UT for over a week already.
    08-14-09 10:56 AM
    I have both, and don't have this issue either. You clicked "View" or "view profile"? The latest version of UT has the option "View".
    08-14-09 11:01 AM
    Same happens on my Bold. It's got something to do with background "listeners" or something. I remember it being discussed previously....
    08-14-09 11:01 AM
    for some reason, View Profile is showing up in the UT menu and takes me to SS. No big deal, the SS view of the profile is better IMO anyhow.
    08-14-09 11:11 AM
    for some reason, View Profile is showing up in the UT menu and takes me to SS. No big deal, the SS view of the profile is better IMO anyhow.
    if it says "view profile" then maybe you and I aren't referring to the same version. I'm using .909. If come across a tweet, select it, then click the BB button and the only option that I see for viewing a profile is "view", and it opens up fine in UT.
    08-14-09 11:16 AM
    if it says "view profile" then maybe you and I aren't referring to the same version. I'm using .909. If come across a tweet, select it, then click the BB button and the only option that I see for viewing a profile is "view", and it opens up fine in UT.
    yeah, i've got .909 too. weird. oh well, i'm not losing any sleep over it
    08-14-09 11:22 AM

If you find a tweet with an @username in it who you're not following and highlight the @username then hit BB button there will be a View Profile, select that and SS will launch and show the persons profile rather than UT.

It's all tied up with background listeners looking for @usernames. Only way round it is to remove either UT or SS.
    08-14-09 11:22 AM
    Ahh. got it! Thanks for clearing that up Scook! Yep, I see that issue as well.
    08-14-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD