i was trying to figure out how to turn off that stupid song it plays when you do the alert haha it gets really annoying but it works PERFECT. the gps **** doesnt work for me i dont think. i tried it but nothing would happen but for the alert for whenever i misplace my phone i think its worth every penny. the alert is very loud and i always have my phone on vibrate so it gives a little piece of mind knowing itll be easy to find if i ever misplace it in my home. great app.
    10-09-09 06:03 PM
    I took some work to get e-gps to work properly with my Tour. Although I am not certain, I think there was a conflict with drivesafe.ly (an app the reads email and sms messages out loud). At any rate, Felix Reznik gave me a lot of customer support and always responded quickly. I love that my phone cannot hide from me anymore.
    10-12-09 05:03 PM
    have yet to still receive a refund as promised. Caution everyone!
    10-14-09 06:05 PM
    Hi,

I have issued a refund to all that have requested one. Please give me your order # and I will check on it.

-Felix
    10-14-09 06:11 PM
    1671767 thanks
    10-14-09 06:21 PM
    1671767. Please double check the order # as such order does not exist in the system. I checked with Mobihand and there is no such order #. What email address did you use to make purchase?

-Felix
    10-14-09 06:30 PM
    [email protected] can fax you a copy of the order confirmation verifying the above order number dated 10/7 thanks
    10-14-09 06:37 PM
    I checked and your order # is 1638722, see below.

Customer List:
    Search for 1638722

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 Page: 1
    First Name Last Name Email Country
    michael ingersoll [email protected] United States

The refund was processed by me on 10/08.

10/08/2009 e-GPS (38549) 1 -4.99 Refund Order #1638722 Channel Sites

If you still have not received your money back, please contact Mobihand, because they have taken it out of my account already. And if you don't believe me you can check with them that I processed the refund on 10/08.

-Felix
    10-14-09 06:56 PM
    all good refund has come through. good luck to all with this application. felix working hard to please everyone and get the product to work.
    10-15-09 12:17 PM
    I can not get the GPS feature to work either, I like the alert, although i have NEVER misplaced my phone and the wipe is ok, hopefully I will never need to use it....anyone using this with a pearl and the GPS works?
    10-22-09 02:21 PM
    check this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/e-gps-review-340366/

I've found that once I've gotten a good fix with google maps...the position I get from e-gps is good to go.
    10-22-09 04:02 PM
    Bought the application some days ago, and I might as well add my own comments/observations.

The alert feature works really well, and should help you find your phone IF you are within earshot of it.

The contacts feature has worked each time I tried it, although should you actually need to recover your contacts, you would spend a good bit of time deciphering the email you receive. Hopefully I never need this feature, as my BB is synced daily with my Outlook.

The wipe feature. I have not yet tried this out, because I haven't had the time to do a full restore. Maybe this weekend. But I understand from another thread that it works as claimed, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

The location feature! Well, well, well...... this feature has been a complete dud for me from day one. The feature actually works, and I always get an email response, but with some "crazy" location. It gives me an address in Michigan, with the location on the map being in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa! (see link below, and zoom out). Could this be because I am with Verizon on an 8330, and 3rd party GPS is disabled? I would assume if there was no GPS signal, that the application would use tower triangulation. Apparently not. This is the email response I ALWAYS get:

eGPS was not able to retrieve current location.
    Device last known location is:
    0.0,0.0 - Google Maps
    eGPS cannot retreive cell tower info!

On a more positive note, I can truly say that the developers customer support (Felix at The DB Group) is VERY good. I emailed them with the problems I was having, and I got a prompt, very polite reply. They suggested things I could try to get the location feature to work, and when unsuccessful they were most apologetic, and offered a refund. So far I have not asked for a refund (maybe just because of how polite they were )

I shall keep the application on my phone for now, just in case I ever do need to wipe it.

Cheers!
    10-23-09 08:50 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD