I know this might sound crazy to some, but it's a necessity. I need to use both Outlook 2007 and Gmail/Google Calendar. The issue comes in with the calendar, as no matter what I've tried, using the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync both 3rd party products I always get duplicate calendar entries and it's maddening. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
    12-15-08 03:29 PM
    I tried it for a bit and had the same problem, so I just stopped using Google Calendar. If there is a work-around, I'd like to give it another shot.
    12-15-08 03:33 PM
    I know this might sound crazy to some, but it's a necessity. I need to use both Outlook 2007 and Gmail/Google Calendar. The issue comes in with the calendar, as no matter what I've tried, using the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync both 3rd party products I always get duplicate calendar entries and it's maddening. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

I sync my google calendar with my outlook calendar. I then sync my BB calendar with my google calendar. at one point I did have duplicate posts, I thought it was a fluke. I deleted everything from google and BB, everything has been fine since.
    12-15-08 03:35 PM
    I sync my google calendar with my outlook calendar. I then sync my BB calendar with my google calendar. at one point I did have duplicate posts, I thought it was a fluke. I deleted everything from google and BB, everything has been fine since.
    Thanks for the two replies!! Interesting, so if I may press, you don't sync other items with your BB Desktop Manager, like email or contacts and the like?

I have the Google calendar already syncing with the Blackberry, so you're saying I should set up a google sync with my outlook calendar, too? Do changes and edits get made immediately without having to plug the BB into the USB cable and the laptop?
    12-15-08 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the two replies!! Interesting, so if I may press, you don't sync other items with your BB Desktop Manager, like email or contacts and the like?

I have the Google calendar already syncing with the Blackberry, so you're saying I should set up a google sync with my outlook calendar, too? Do changes and edits get made immediately without having to plug the BB into the USB cable and the laptop?
    I NEVER use DM to sync my calendars. Yes, you should set up google to sync with your outlook. It all happens automatically all I had to do was set it up. I put a few entries on my outlook at work today and I just checked my BB--they are there and I did nothing except for enter it on outlook calendar.

You want google sync downloaded on your computer and you can set it up to go 2way or 1 way either from your outlook to google or vice versa and how long between syncs.
    12-15-08 04:05 PM
    I have google sync on my 8310 for when I travel for extended periods (and am away from my home computer and DM) . . . .
    12-16-08 09:26 PM
    Works seamlessly for me.
    12-17-08 08:52 AM
    I am a little confused...I use Outlook Calendar for work through Enterprise. Can I also have the BB sync with Google Calendar for my personal items? I don't want personal stuff on work calendar and vice versa. I understand that they will sync to the same calendar on the BB-that is fine with me. Any input is appreciated! Thanks
    01-02-10 09:05 PM
    24 hours of research and I still don't have a clear answer. Anyone???
    01-03-10 08:53 PM
    I sync my bb with outlook express, and my bb to google and it works fine... I do not sync google to outlook express... is that what you are doing? or are you syncing three things together at once...

edit also sync with mac with missing sync...
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 01-03-10 at 10:26 PM.
    01-03-10 10:14 PM
    I want to use Google calendar for personal stuff. I use Outlook (BES) for work. I don't mind both showing up on one calendar on BB, but I don't want the Google to end up syncing with BES (2 way sync between Desktop and BB). Does that make sense?
    01-04-10 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD