I'm on verizon and I downloaded the free trail of tetherberry and I followed all the directions word for word but I got no luck. I keep getting the message on my phone when I open tetherberry that's Its a tunnel error. is there a user name and password for verizon for the APN?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 10:07 PM
    I have a question for you because I'm thinking of purchanasing Tetherberry to use with my Tour and Laptop. Will I have to pay an extra monthly charge to Verizon? I have unlimited web on my Tour now.
    11-24-09 10:19 PM
    I tried the free trial and it worked amazingly for me. Make sure the app is also downloaded onto your phone.

Start it on your phone first, connect to computer and then run the app on your computer. Should take a few seconds but then you should be able to connect. No username and no password needed.
    11-24-09 10:25 PM
    Never mine I got it to work all of a sudden. And to answer your question no you won't have to pay verizon but just be very careful on how much u use it. If you abuse it then verizon will notice and make u pay for it but if you keep low you shouldn't have any problems.

11-24-09 10:26 PM
    I'm on verizon and I downloaded the free trail of tetherberry and I followed all the directions word for word but I got no luck. I keep getting the message on my phone when I open tetherberry that's Its a tunnel error. is there a user name and password for verizon for the APN?

I have been using it on my Tour with no problems.
    Have you tried contacting Tetherberry?
    11-24-09 10:27 PM
    I have a question for you because I'm thinking of purchanasing Tetherberry to use with my Tour and Laptop. Will I have to pay an extra monthly charge to Verizon? I have unlimited web on my Tour now.
    No you won't have to pay an extra charge to verizon. It's just the 49.95 fee to Tetherberry. That being said, verizon could charge you for data usage if they find you using tetherberry. You're data amounts would have to spike very high,as in over 5GB. (which is alot of data)

I tethered for free using alltel ( i knew ways around the system) and was never caught. I always averaged b/w 2-3.5GB of data a month. I was connected like all the time. I can't do it now because I switched to a tour for Verizon.

Tetherberry is using your unlimited data package on the tour. I've heard many people use it without any issues. I haven't bought it yet, can't fork down the 50 just yet.
    11-24-09 10:28 PM
    I believe we are limited to 5 Gigabytes in our monthly unlimited data plans on Verizon. I recall reading on the Crackberry Blogs that Rogers gets 6 Gigabytes. I am not sure about Sprint or the other carriers. If @rgarling is right, then I'd imagine that if you stay within in your 5GB limit, you'll likely have no additional charges from Verizon. There is a charge that Verizon gives if you go over the limit, so I do believe you can go beyond the 5GB, but it'll start costing like 1.9 cents per MB or something like that. The Verizon Wireless forum has some very knowledgeable users that can give you expert advice on Verizon policies, so you may want to check that forum out, too.
    11-24-09 11:10 PM
    Open and run it just like 'rgarling' says and works great!
    11-25-09 07:42 AM
    Works great on mine! No problems at all.
    11-25-09 08:00 AM
    BTW Tetherberry is half off at tetherberrys website. Good until 11/30 6PM EST.
    11-29-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD