Just wondering because I, along with many people here have been forced to delete these apps because of bugs and causing email issues. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and not had any problems with it. I'm tempted to try it again but last time I did my email got all screwed up. It really is a nice app and convenient when it actually works. Is the Myspace app less buggy than facebook or are they about the same?
    12-16-08 09:29 AM
    I haven't had any issues with the myspace app nor my email while I've had the app. Been running it for over a month now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 09:49 AM
    I had problems with the Facebook app when i first installed it.
    I wouldn't get notifications, my status wouldn't update from my Blackberry & it was really buggy.
    Then i updated to 4.5 and it works great.
    12-16-08 09:56 AM
    I find that the myspace app has a few more bugs only because it seems to do more than the facebook one. A lot of ppl talk about bugs in the facebook, which I dont see. Then again, I dont use it as much and received next to 0 alerts on it so I dont know. its just always quietly signed on without major issue with the exception of not getting a notification from time to time but again, I dont use it much so I'm not well versed on the subject of facebook.

Now as for the myspace app, it works ok, but if anything will slow down my phone or give me an app error or "uncaught exception" its the myspace app. I still use it cause it really does a lot and has a lot of options that leaves facebook in the dust! And the great thing is that its still left clean looking just like the facebook app.

Also, its known that the app does not support comment posts. This is not an error in the app, it just doesn't support it
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 12-16-08 at 10:01 AM.
    12-16-08 09:58 AM
    I hear from people who have issues with Facebook to log in via your browser and delete the dreaded icon...

12-16-08 10:02 AM
    i don't know. I always find that memory issues are usually signaled by continuous hour glasses or any type of app loading icon. Facebook doesnt really have issues with this since the app doesnt really have a lot of moving parts (if u know what I mean). So I don't know...
    12-16-08 10:07 AM
    I don't have problems persay, but I don't think I get all of my facebook notifications.

12-16-08 11:25 AM
    I've had the Facebook app for the past few weeks and no problems with it, email, or memeory. Works great on my 8310
    12-16-08 11:28 AM
    nope mine is running fine.
    what kind of email probs are ppl having?
    12-16-08 11:32 AM
    I had the facebook app from August until about two weeks ago when my bb started acting up. Turns out the fb app wasn't the only thing that was the problem - but it was what had messed up my email.

However, ever since I upgraded to 4.5 it works great!
    12-16-08 11:33 AM
    I haven't used the myspace and facebook app intensively, but so far I haven't found any problems with it. However, I'm not using BIS, just my normal Power Vision Pack from Sprint. I can view my comment posts. Haven't tried sending any.

I'm using OS 4.3.0.127 from Sprint.
    Last edited by arcadence; 12-16-08 at 11:38 AM.
    12-16-08 11:35 AM
    i've had the facebook app for over a month and the problem i had was that
    a)when i upgraded to 4.5 it was no where to be found so i re-installed it then changed (B) my email so it would sync updates to my BB email address and its worked perfectly everysince..
    12-16-08 11:36 AM
    I got rid of them for 3 reasons:

1.) Too many bugs

2.) They are HUGE memory eaters

3.) This is the big one - if you set up your MySpace and Facebook accounts where you get email alerts then everytime something happens you get an email on your Blackberry; then just log into the mobile site and bam! Almost the smae experience without all the bugs and without losing memory.
    12-16-08 11:40 AM
    I got rid of them for 3 reasons:

1.) Too many bugs

2.) They are HUGE memory eaters

3.) This is the big one - if you set up your MySpace and Facebook accounts where you get email alerts then everytime something happens you get an email on your Blackberry; then just log into the mobile site and bam! Almost the smae experience without all the bugs and without losing memory.
    you can turn off the notification thing so you wont get notifications, but it will be there when you open the facebook app at least
    12-16-08 11:44 AM
    after playing around with it for a bit i notice that facebook doesn't update my status properly. if i change the status on the web, facebook doesn't recognize it. if i change it on the phone, it works.
    12-16-08 12:29 PM
    I have no problems using FB to update status, etc. Myspace has never given me problems, but I use that much less frequently.
    12-16-08 12:50 PM
    i have had no problems with fb or myspace apps. im on 4.5 / sprint / 8330. i dont stay logged into either app when i am not using them. no memory or sluggish operation on the berry.

currently have 23771471 free bytes
    12-16-08 12:56 PM
    i have both FB and MS. the only problem i have is that with MS i'm having trouble deleting my messages and my problem with MS is that you can only delete your messages 1 at a time.
    12-19-08 09:59 AM
    I had no problems with FB for months, with any issues until this week. I can't access the FB "Full Site" from the mobile site.

I have deleted the facebook app, cleared the cache, reset browser configurations to default level, deleted the log history and removed the battery for several minutes; after all of this I try to access the site through my browser and the FB page opens up but when I try to open the Full Site the page is downloaded and I see if briefly before I get the message "A problem occurred while trying to render the page", does this sound like a BB issue or FB bug? Any advice?
    12-19-08 10:29 AM
    after playing around with it for a bit i notice that facebook doesn't update my status properly. if i change the status on the web, facebook doesn't recognize it. if i change it on the phone, it works.
    Same here- and it's been like that since I installed FB back in June.
    12-19-08 10:54 AM
    I only have the facebook app. I tried to do myspace, but it just wouldn't let me since I have to use the same email for myspace as I do for my berry. It wasnt too big a deal since I don't use myspace that much.

My status updates, notifications, etc. come through just fine for me.

^^^this is all on my curve with 4.3. I did my first Curve up to 4.5, but that seemed to really cause havoc with my berry
    12-19-08 11:03 AM
    Facebook has always worked fine for me except the status update part but I didn't care about seeing it because I knew it was updating even if I didn't see it.

The problem I have all of a sudden is that when someone sends me a message I can't respond. I have to open the site in the browswer to respond. Like instead of the little response box being there it tells me to click on a link to respond. Thos adds steps to the message response process that wasn't there before. Anyone know what the problem could be?

12-19-08 12:51 PM
    I have had both, never had issues with either apart from the apps themself . I've got the latest 4.5 OS from T-Mob, I know the myspace app had updates in the past few weeks. Having the 8320 and only 15-20MB memory space free, I choose not to have either app as the mobile sites work great in browser, and someone already mentioned email alerts from myspace.

12-19-08 12:58 PM
    When I upgraded my Curve to 4.5 I lost my FB icon and when I went to reinstall it asked me to upgrade to FB version 1.2. It has worked much better since then and I can finally delete the 'is' on my statuses!!
    12-19-08 01:15 PM
    i use face book of the browser never had the app set up.. however my daughter shes 16 uses the myspace app and has no prob whatsoever and she is on it alot she really beats her battery
    12-19-08 01:25 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD