or is it some how connected with the vlingo complementry of Blackberry RIM
    11-09-11 05:43 AM
    There is a feature within Vlingo called "Safereader" which allows your texts, emails, and calendar appointments to be read aloud to you. This feature is useful when driving. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume this is what you're wondering about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 10:30 AM
    I'd like to know if there's a second option to activate in when in the car. When my phone is in it's holster I can't access my convenience key so vlingo is not much use to me as I can't trigger it's "listening" capabiity.

I want to know if there's anyway to use it rather than just customise from the on-screen icon which I could touch while driving
    11-09-11 11:05 AM
    My understanding is that this is a feature for Android only. As far as I know it (and a few other features like being able to book cinema tickets or get directions via google maps etc as shown in other videos) don't work on the BB platform.

I'm unsure as to why we can't have the same toys as the others. To be fair I'm not a code-monkey, however one can only assume that its something to do with the complications of coding on this platform. One can only hope that they've got something lined up for us in the very near future.

To answer the other part of your question, the fact that this happens to be a complimentary app is neither here nor there. One has nothing to do with the other. IMO.

Hope this helps.

Mav.
    11-09-11 01:41 PM
    I'd like to know if there's a second option to activate in when in the car. When my phone is in it's holster I can't access my convenience key so vlingo is not much use to me as I can't trigger it's "listening" capabiity.

I want to know if there's anyway to use it rather than just customise from the on-screen icon which I could touch while driving
    According to their site the Vlingo InCar only works with a 'Vlingo supported bluetooth device or wired headset'. Now if you can find one of those perhaps it'll work with our version of Vlingo and solve your problem.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Cheers

Mav.
    11-09-11 01:52 PM
    Thnxxxx ill try itt
    11-09-11 03:16 PM
    According to their site the Vlingo InCar only works with a 'Vlingo supported bluetooth device or wired headset'.
    With the "In Car' feature, you don't have to press a button to activate Vlingo. It is on all the time. You speak a keyword you have chosen to activate Vlingo, and then the Vlingo command.
    11-09-11 03:39 PM
    With the "In Car' feature, you don't have to press a button to activate Vlingo. It is on all the time. You speak a keyword you have chosen to activate Vlingo, and then the Vlingo command.
    That's the reason you need the headset.

Read the thread and in particular the question before and you'll see my answer in context.
    11-09-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD