I have a g-mail account and Storm 9350. Started using Gogole sync just for the contacts and am having a little trouble figuring out how the fields map.

The personal phone and work phone fields seem to map to home and work phone fields #1 and #2. The e-mail fields will map to the first 3 e-mail fields that are filled in (primary, or any e-mail fileds under the personal, work, or other subareas). I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the mobile field filled in.

When I enter info into g-mail is when I have problems syncing it correctly to the Mobile area on the BB.

Anyone have any ideas of how these fields map out?

Thanks,

Steve Dennis
    04-24-09 04:18 PM
    I know this is an old thread, however my issue is related (sort of).

I have my contacts stored in Gmail. No special field names or formatting.

If I add my Gmail account to my BB (same for all models), during the Contact sync, the entire address is placed in the address field, i.e. it's not being separated by Street Address, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Country as it should be on the BB.

I have tried to fix this, but I inevitably end up canceling the contacts sync, deleting them all from the device and just syncing with Outlook, which is becoming more of a pain as I use Gmail more and more for everything.

Has anyone figured out a way to sync with Gmail contacts and have the fields mapped correctly to the device?

I would be very grateful for any comments/experiences from others.

Thanks.
    02-29-12 01:20 PM
    I have a g-mail account and Storm 9350. Started using Gogole sync just for the contacts and am having a little trouble figuring out how the fields map.

The personal phone and work phone fields seem to map to home and work phone fields #1 and #2. The e-mail fields will map to the first 3 e-mail fields that are filled in (primary, or any e-mail fileds under the personal, work, or other subareas). I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the mobile field filled in.

When I enter info into g-mail is when I have problems syncing it correctly to the Mobile area on the BB.

Anyone have any ideas of how these fields map out?

Thanks,

Steve Dennis
    Same issue here.
    02-29-12 01:21 PM
    I know this is an old thread, however my issue is related (sort of).

I have my contacts stored in Gmail. No special field names or formatting.

If I add my Gmail account to my BB (same for all models), during the Contact sync, the entire address is placed in the address field, i.e. it's not being separated by Street Address, City, State/Province, Zip/Postal Code, Country as it should be on the BB.

I have tried to fix this, but I inevitably end up canceling the contacts sync, deleting them all from the device and just syncing with Outlook, which is becoming more of a pain as I use Gmail more and more for everything.

Has anyone figured out a way to sync with Gmail contacts and have the fields mapped correctly to the device?

I would be very grateful for any comments/experiences from others.

Thanks.
    This is how google syncs addresses ... all into one field. The weird thing is, if you click on "details" (the 3 dots next to the address box in Google contacts), the address is split into its constituent bits. It's a known issue.
    03-01-12 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD