My best friend got a windows phone. We used to BBM like crazy with voice notes. Anyone know a good chat app were we can chat sending voice notes?
    08-21-12 02:56 AM
    Whatsapp is a good alternative. Though even on my Lumia 800, whatsapp is slow to boot up. It also takes up more battery. But well, i digress. haha. Whatsapp is a good alternative, plus its available on almost every major platform.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 03:02 AM
    whatsapp is the best for all platforms so far.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 03:40 AM
    Whatsapp because you can still send voice notes and have groups of your friends and such like I do. Available on everything major and its quick and simple to use
    Edit - Could also try Viber, but Whatsapp is better for now.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 04:43 AM
    You might also want to take a look at kik messenger. While I don't use any of those x-plattform IM applications, I've read a few times kik is better than Whatsapp - though not used by as many users:
    Kik Messenger - Texting for Smartphones
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 05:27 AM
    Whatever happened to Gtalk or MSN Messenger?
    08-21-12 07:47 AM
    Whatsapp seems to be the most popular. BUT it scans and logs your address book on their servers, and they wont remove your number when you ask.

I installed it, once I realized what it had done I uninstalled it, I was then informed by friends that my name is in their Whatsapp, I requested Whatsapp to remove me from their server as I deleted the app and after 5 emails have yet to get a response and have yet to be removed.

once your phone number is in, it STAYS in.

I know a few people who like LiveProfile,
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 07:55 AM
    Whatsapp is crap imo (it technically works, but not a fan of their service model)

I use Hookt, LiveProfile (BBM-Lite), and GTalk (work)
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-21-12 08:09 AM
    Whatsapp seems to be the most popular. BUT it scans and logs your address book on their servers, and they wont remove your number when you ask.

I installed it, once I realized what it had done I uninstalled it, I was then informed by friends that my name is in their Whatsapp, I requested Whatsapp to remove me from their server as I deleted the app and after 5 emails have yet to get a response and have yet to be removed.

once your phone number is in, it STAYS in.

I know a few people who like LiveProfile,
    Exactly what happened with me Stephen.
    It's a virus as far as I'm concerned. Installed Whatsapp and everyone on my address list was automatically added to my Whatsapp contact list. I'm in business and I can't have my business contacts to be able to contact me whenever or see my status messages.
    I want to be able to selectively add people on my IM list.
    And before people tell me that I can block on whatsapp, I have 1000 numbers in my address book. I don't want start blocking people I never added in the first place.
    I'd prefer using Google Gtalk
    08-21-12 08:26 AM
    Whatsapp is your best bet, although if you are a Voicenote junkie (like me), try out Talkbox. It lets you send various voicenotes while holding space bar, no need to go to the menu and select "send voice note" each time. It also lets you text and send pics, and its completly free, unlike whatsapp.
    Last edited by blechnocturne; 08-21-12 at 12:43 PM.
    08-21-12 12:40 PM
    try this out.. eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS this looks the nicest among what i've seen for bb (though not sure if they have voice notes)
    Last edited by jojami; 08-22-12 at 02:07 AM.
    08-22-12 02:04 AM
    "Hookt" is a nice one too. It can be used on your computer as well and also on wifi when you have no service on your phone. And it's free! "What's App" is free for about a year and then they charge you..
    08-22-12 02:18 AM
    What about LINE?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-22-12 04:55 AM
    whatsapp is the best in my opinion
    08-22-12 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD