I guess it just hit today.

If so, please report if it's working ok--including the search features.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-02-10 at 04:55 PM.
    06-02-10 04:51 PM
    m.google.com/maps is the location if anyone needs it.
    I'm downloading it now.
    06-02-10 04:57 PM
    I have the 4.0.2, upgrading now. Will post thoughts after I take a look-see.

Edit: Found my location pretty quick within 20 meters. Nothing much looks different. Will post more later.
    Edit: Nothing special as far as I can tell. Finds the GPS and my loc pretty quick, not sure really significantly faster than 4.0.2. Should be OK to install if ya just want the latest release. If ya didn't, ya wouldn't miss it.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 06-02-10 at 05:57 PM.
    06-02-10 04:59 PM
    thanks. I hate to be the first to "dive in". (just call me chicken! ) I'm also on 4.0.2
    06-02-10 05:00 PM
    I was on 4.0.2 but I just update, phone is rebooting now
    06-02-10 05:02 PM
    Looking at the "Whats new"
    -new search result page
    -share places by email, text message, facebook, and more
    -bicycling directions and map layer

After reboot, it did not work too good, very laggy but another reboot and it's much smoother now. Search function is slightly faster and location fix is about the same. Will try again when I get out and drive around.
    Last edited by RHChan84; 06-02-10 at 05:25 PM.
    06-02-10 05:08 PM
    Now installing. Question is why do we have to go to the website shouldn't it just update through the app.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-02-10 06:02 PM
    Now installing. Question is why do we have to go to the website shouldn't it just update through the app.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    +1, every app should be able to check for a newer version.
    06-02-10 06:15 PM
    my question is , is this going to add to more battery drain? i was using google maps with lattitude and once i shut it off my battery drain slowed down a little. i already have a second battery on order and should be here tomorrow according to fed ex,, just a thought because i loved peeking into where my boss was at lol
    06-02-10 06:41 PM
    my question is , is this going to add to more battery drain? i was using google maps with lattitude and once i shut it off my battery drain slowed down a little. i already have a second battery on order and should be here tomorrow according to fed ex,, just a thought because i loved peeking into where my boss was at lol
    I found Latitude to suck the life out of my battery.
    06-02-10 06:44 PM
    booo...big brother is watching is very close to me. This version locates me with in 5 to 7meters
    I'm impressed. Wish the directions are spelled out atleast in this version?
    The last several versions always locate me within 3 meters when I'm outside, and usually 7 meters when I'm inside. I don't think the accuracy of 7 meters you are experiencing is 1) impressive, or 2) related to the particular version you now have.

EDIT: I just got accuracy of 3 meters while inside, too.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-02-10 at 07:00 PM.
    06-02-10 06:48 PM
    I found Latitude to suck the life out of my battery.
    oh it does, but i do love it when i can keep an eye on my boss. but until that other battery comes in whenever tomorrow, i will have to endure another day with out lattitude and my gps turned off
    06-02-10 07:01 PM
    oh it does, but i do love it when i can keep an eye on my boss. but until that other battery comes in whenever tomorrow, i will have to endure another day with out lattitude and my gps turned off
    We need nuclear powered phones!
    06-02-10 07:02 PM
    We need nuclear powered phones!
    or atleast 5 hour energy drinks for them roflmao
    06-02-10 07:06 PM
    or atleast 5 hour energy drinks for them roflmao
    can u imagine a tiny crank on the side of the phone that we spin when we want to make a call?
    06-02-10 07:08 PM
    I had problems with lagging after I installed gmap I took it off and had no problems with lagging since.
    06-02-10 07:29 PM
    have to reset the phone a couple of times, also dave do not know if you had this issue, but the keyboard was there and no way to get rid of it, darnit i had to delete this and try again
    06-02-10 07:32 PM
    What ever happened to street view?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 07:43 PM
    have to reset the phone a couple of times, also dave do not know if you had this issue, but the keyboard was there and no way to get rid of it, darnit i had to delete this and try again
    that issue is due to downloading with your browser set to the wrong ID. IIRC, you need to set it to "firefox". If it already was, then I'm wrong, so switch it to BB, but I'm pretty certain it needs to be set to FF.
    06-02-10 07:50 PM
    that issue is due to downloading with your browser set to the wrong ID. IIRC, you need to set it to "firefox". If it already was, then I'm wrong, so switch it to BB, but I'm pretty certain it needs to be set to FF.
    alright lemme try again, keyboard went away but still wasnt functioning right
    06-02-10 07:58 PM
    What ever happened to street view?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is a little icon on the right with a teardrop ish icon with a person standing, that is the new street view icon instead of a text link
    06-02-10 08:02 PM
    alright lemme try again, keyboard went away but still wasnt functioning right
    there are only two factors to consider when installing & using google maps.

1. the browser ID

2. the app's compatibility setting (it should be "off")

that's all that affects how the app installs and functions. for example, it's quite easy to mistakenly download the non-touchscreen version of G maps. I did that several times myself in the past.

You'll get it right shortly.
    06-02-10 08:03 PM
    there are only two factors to consider when installing & using google maps.

1. the browser ID

2. the app's compatibility setting (it should be "off")

that's all that affects how the app installs and functions. for example, it's quite easy to mistakenly download the non-touchscreen version of G maps. I did that several times myself in the past.

You'll get it right shortly.
    i know when i came over from the curve it wasnt right, then i deleted it, reinstalled it and it was right, did the update tonight and wasnt functioning correctly so here goes for the 4th time

edit; i got it working thanks for the helpful tips dave
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 06-02-10 at 08:12 PM. Reason: update
    06-02-10 08:09 PM
    i know when i came over from the curve it wasnt right, then i deleted it, reinstalled it and it was right, did the update tonight and wasnt functioning correctly so here goes for the 4th time
    dang, I hope we don't have another case of a bum version of google maps. please keep us all posted. (now I'm even more unwilling to commit to an install of it than I was when I made the thread! ) hope this isn't another 4.0.1-type debacle.
    06-02-10 08:12 PM
    dang, I hope we don't have another case of a bum version of google maps. please keep us all posted. (now I'm even more unwilling to commit to an install of it than I was when I made the thread! ) hope this isn't another 4.0.1-type debacle.
    nope, its all good now ma man,, working just fine , no lag on the machine so its google time lmao.. thanks for the tips,
    06-02-10 08:18 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD