I just switched to the pearl flip from the basic pearl and I am having trouble with my google sync. When I downloaded my google calendar to my flip the reminder settings did not load into my BB calendar. I had the checkbox marked to syncronize reminders, but it still did not work.

Also, for birthdays & anniversarys it did not set the recurrance. When I went into my BB calendar and manually added that it occurred every year and then tried syncing again. This messed up my google calendar and my BB calendar because it removed the recurrance totally and changed to birthday to a two day event in both calendars.

Is anyone else having this issue and do you know how to fix it? I really rely on my reminders for birthday & anniversaries. Thanks.
    06-24-09 01:38 PM
    Do you have it set to sync more than 4 weeks out? (the default) It doesn't sync the recurrence, because it isn't within 4 weeks.
    06-25-09 01:47 PM
    I have it set to sync the next 24 weeks and the previous 4 weeks.

I can handle it not setting the recurrance within the BB because I know that when it syncs a year from now I will still get the repeating event because it will be in my google calendar.

What is driving me nuts is that it is not setting my reminder. On my old pearl it would set the reminder, but it is not doing it on the flip.
    06-25-09 01:53 PM
    I'm having trouble with google sync now too and I want to remove it from my BB and just try and sync wtih my outlook calendar.

Is this possible?

Anyone know how?

it is driving me nuts not to have my calendar on my BB!
    06-26-09 08:18 AM
    I had a lot of trouble with google sync. To the point of, I gave up and now do a back up with USB cable and Yahoo. Its not OTA but I get all my contacts, calendar, memos, and tasks. With google it will only back-up calendar and contacts. And google is a pain in the **** every the time you try and sync. Half the time it didn't work right or messed up the times on my calendar. Not worth the hassle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:42 AM
    Googlesync gave me problems eventually too.

Turning single day events into double-day events, turning 'all day' events into 8am-10pm events.

Remember though, it's Googlesync BETA... so they've still got some kinks to work out.
    06-26-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD