Very strange, all the service books are there, internet works, and all the apps work. I'm confused. Un installed FB, Re-downloaded the newest FB and it says cannot connect to FB, and its quite strange. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 12:21 PM
    Mine just connected right now. Using a Bold on AT&T.
    10-25-09 12:24 PM
    im with rogers and cannot connect either! i did the same reinstalled and it says that data service is not available. frustrating!! let me know if you get an answer!
    10-25-09 09:14 PM
    Use the search function, and you'll see that there are several threads (mine included) that deal with the problem that many people are having with the BlackBerry Facebook application.

The collective opinion is that it's a Facebook issue, not a BlackBerry one...and that although they are probably aware of the many complaints...they are not doing anything about it...yet.
    10-25-09 09:25 PM
    This is soo frustrating! I have the same problem. I can not log in it keeps telling me "could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues contact your service provider for support." This makes me very sad face...
    10-26-09 12:46 AM
    Ive been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks (and just registered, actually, to come on here & say so).. Ive been an avid reader of this board for months.

I havent been able to successfully stay logged in on my storm for more than a few mins (at most) when it allows me once or twice a day, and when I use my PC to login, it either wont load any pictures, wall posts, status updates (shows a blank white screen) or wont let me log in at all.

This is very frustrating when my friends are having no problems at all. Ive been considering deleting my profile and starting over from scratch again, but to do this, I would have to re-request 250+ friends and re-upload all of my images.
    10-26-09 12:53 AM
    Samething here live2cd I have such a hard time loggin in on my PC too. I was thinking of deleting my account and starting over too. I am sooo frustrated.
    10-26-09 01:00 AM
    had the same issue earlier this evening. it would either not connect or it would log me out. i was able to sign in a hour ago so i guess facebook fixed whatever problem they were having.
    10-26-09 02:59 AM
    Mine just started working today, it was down for around 4 days. I hope it stays working

10-26-09 03:26 AM
    To me, the most frustrating thing is that it's almost a random thing. Some of my friends who have BB's and iPhones are having no issues at all...but then some, like me, haven't been able to access FB reliably for a couple of weeks no matter if it's v1.6 or v1.7...
    10-26-09 06:56 AM
    Yep, I've been down for a while now and it's rather frustrating. Facebook itself is having problems with the website as well. Having trouble logging in, friends lists disappearing, photos disappearing, and profile down for site maintenance way more than normal. I don't get how some people are having all the problems and others aren't.
    10-26-09 11:59 AM
    yeah mine too online is wonky.. i thought it was all connected? but it only started when i downloaded the newest facebook app update for my berry.. thats when it all went downhill.. so maybe the prob is with the new app? the old one, although not user friendly worked fine.. this one though is crap.. The Agony!!
    10-26-09 03:48 PM
    I've had issues with Facebook 1.7 taking forever to refresh the stream. Facebook in general has been providing some poor quality things lately. Hopefully they get their act together soon.

10-26-09 04:41 PM
    Does anyone know of any links or other forums/boards with users experiencing this same issue? I find it very odd there is nothing out there on this. I am about to recreate a profile. I know if I do this, it will start working a couple of days later - it's my luck. I feel like Im getting cheated on what I pay for my blackberry not being able to use my facebook application. It was a huge reason I wanted a smart phone. This really sucks.

Tonight my profile is being pretty funny telling me I "have to be logged in to do that" and that "An error occurred while retrieving data. Please try again later."

OH JOY.
    10-26-09 08:53 PM
    I have had the same problem for the last 4 or 5 days, still not able to get on???
    10-26-09 11:58 PM
    To me, the most frustrating thing is that it's almost a random thing. Some of my friends who have BB's and iPhones are having no issues at all...but then some, like me, haven't been able to access FB reliably for a couple of weeks no matter if it's v1.6 or v1.7...
    I finally downgraded to 1.6 and I'm having the same issues as 1.7 (can't login, session timed out, etc.). This is VERY frustrating.
    10-27-09 07:48 AM
    i cant cannot either...

i just gave up
    10-27-09 12:15 PM
    I don't have a BB or a smartphone yet so I have to use Facebook on my PC and for the past week I've been having problems logging in, not being able to update my status and not being able to access my inbox, send messages, or comment on others' status. I hope FB gets it all fixed soon!
    10-27-09 01:35 PM
    Amazingly, my account is working online tonight and via my app on my storm.

*crosses fingers*
    10-27-09 09:52 PM
    Ever since this morning, my FB v1.7 application on my Bold and my PC program have both been working perfectly...after over two weeks of neither working at anywhere close to properly.

I don't know what FB did...but it worked. So far, at least...

We'll see.
    10-27-09 09:57 PM
    i just had my first problem with facebook for the past hour site wouldnt load seems fine now
    10-27-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD