So I recently bought Quick Launch and installed it on my 9650. Was at a friends party and we were grilling some brats and it was dark out so I used the flashlight deal that QL offers.

I would end it when done and put the phone back in my pocket. Would check it just a few minutes later and notice my keyboard was unlocked. I thought it was my Otterbox case as it has a raised rubber bump over the lock button so I cut it out.

Today I was using the flashlight program again and watched my phone and about 10 seconds later the screen kicks back on and just stays lit up. I hit the end button and hit the key lock and watched it again. It unlocked itself and lit the screen back up and stayed on. I watched it do this probably 5 times before I got mad and rebooted it which finally stopped the problem. Anyone else having this problem with QL?
    06-30-10 09:44 PM
    Well, QL does have issues with the bluetooth toogle on the 9650 due to the reordered menu items.

Do you still have the right convenience key set for camera? I wonder if the Otterbox case might be pressing the camera button which is probably what QL initially uses to get the light on. I found my Otterbox Defender from my Tour, locked my 9650 the other day - I could only move cursor horizontally until I moved the rubber rand.
    06-30-10 10:05 PM
    Yes I have the right key set as the camera and the left one is setup for QL. I had this case on it for probably a week or so before getting QL and didn't have any problems with it hitting buttons or anything.
    06-30-10 10:07 PM
    No issues on my 9700. As mentioned, the problems could be device specific.
    07-01-10 06:29 AM
    Just BT toggle here
    07-01-10 07:41 AM
    Bluetooth Toggle (toggles WiFi instead).

Delete Call Log (doesn't)
    07-01-10 08:43 PM
    Haven't had that problem here. I have a Tour 9630. In fact, QuickLaunch works very smoothly for me, and I like it a lot. The only thing that it doesn't do correctly is Toggle GPS ... it gets extremely confused trying to do that on my 9630. It's almost funny to watch it try to do the toggle. It gets lost doing it, sometimes going into different folders. Needless to say, I don't try to toggle GPS anymore with it, and otherwise it works perfectly.
    07-01-10 09:49 PM
    Haven't had that problem here. I have a Tour 9630. In fact, QuickLaunch works very smoothly for me, and I like it a lot. The only thing that it doesn't do correctly is Toggle GPS ... it gets extremely confused trying to do that on my 9630. It's almost funny to watch it try to do the toggle. It gets lost doing it, sometimes going into different folders. Needless to say, I don't try to toggle GPS anymore with it, and otherwise it works perfectly.
    Just checked GPS Toggle on my 9650, that does not work either. Hope they update, patch or whatever to fix these issues.
    07-01-10 09:53 PM
    Stop hoping and email [email protected]. The QL developer is very active on these forums as CheetahAce and has always been responsive to concerns. He cares about his app & takes great pride in his work, so I'm sure he would rather hear from you so he can address your issues than just have you post complaints he might not see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:40 PM
    Stop hoping and email [email protected]. The QL developer is very active on these forums as CheetahAce and has always been responsive to concerns. He cares about his app & takes great pride in his work, so I'm sure he would rather hear from you so he can address your issues than just have you post complaints he might not see.

Thanks for the hostile post. As you can see from my high post count, I know these things.
    07-01-10 11:41 PM
    Thanks for the hostile post. As you can see from my high post count, I know these things.
    You apparently don't know that nobody can see your post count on the wap version of the forums.

Sorry, I thought you were looking for solutions. Whine on.

07-02-10 12:03 AM
    That was uncalled for, platinumjason. I see no hostility in rlmesq's initial post, merely a valid suggestion to direct your concerns to the developer, the person in the best position to assist you.
    07-02-10 12:08 AM
    Hopefully, to "fix" the BT toggle, he'll add a new line item and then keep the other and rename it wifi toggle.
    07-02-10 08:59 AM

I emailed the developer about the BT issue two weeks ago, he was aware of it and working on an update.
    07-02-10 09:07 AM
    I think this is the problem with WiFi and BT toggle:

As you've seen if you use it, those options work by opening the Manage Connections dialog and scrolling through the options, then clicking on the checkbox to tic or clear it.

For devices with WiFi, that's the second option in Manage Connections. If you don't have WiFi, BT is the second option.

One solution might be a shortcut like the one for sound profiles, selecting option 2 or 3 for WiFi or BT toggle, depending on your device. You could then rename the shortcut appropriately.

That would seem easy for the dev to implement, but it might be tough for some users to understand the setup.
    As you've seen, QL

07-02-10 11:07 AM
    Are you closing your camera or just the flashlight app? When I use the flashlight app from QL on my Tour, if I just end the flashlight app, my camera stays active. If your camera is active, that may explain why your screen lights back up. When I use the flashlight, I always close the camera app. I haven't had the problems you mention, but I am on a different device, so try it out and see if it works for your model.

07-04-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD