WHEN are u guys getting sync failures? It's rare that I do a manual sync, but even then, it works ok on 713 for me.
    I keep mine set to automatic, and I rarely do a manual sync as well. Upon opening the app, there is a notification in RED that there has been a failure. If I try to initiate a manual sync, it starts the process, but then fails after while.

If I attempt to re-try the sync, it will occasionally work after a few attempts, but sometimes only the calendar syncs, or sometimes only the contacts...usually, however, they both error out.
    06-21-10 04:19 PM
    I keep mine set to automatic, and I rarely do a manual sync as well. Upon opening the app, there is a notification in RED that there has been a failure. If I try to initiate a manual sync, it starts the process, but then fails after while.

I get the same thing now, and it didn't start before the new OS update. I need a solution soon, as I use my phone to set appointments all the time for work, and have never ever had an issue with Synch before. I'll try deleting it through DM tonight, but if that doesn't work, I dunno.

Does anyone know if other BBs have started having synch problems suddenly, making it a google issue, or if it's tied to the OS update?
    06-21-10 05:17 PM
    I'm confused about whether or not the red sync error message when one opens up Google Sync is REALLY indicating a problem. WHY? Because when I add or delete items on my google calendar, the changes always show up on my Storm, just like always. I can't see any ACTUAL FAILURE of the sync to function as it should. The only thing I see that is odd, is the red sync error message inside of the G S application. NOTE: I don't use G S to sync contacts--just calendar appts.
    06-21-10 05:24 PM
    I get the same thing now, and it didn't start before the new OS update. I need a solution soon, as I use my phone to set appointments all the time for work, and have never ever had an issue with Synch before. I'll try deleting it through DM tonight, but if that doesn't work, I dunno.

Does anyone know if other BBs have started having synch problems suddenly, making it a google issue, or if it's tied to the OS update?
    Other models and OSes have reported sporadic issues as well...
    06-21-10 06:05 PM
    I can't sync on my Storm 2 since updating to .713 either. Right after updating the OS, it recognized all of my calendars to sync, but I would get an error during the syncing process. I tried signing out and re-installing and since then, it doesn't even recognize my Google calendars to sync, it just has "Default Calendar".

Grrr...
    06-21-10 11:44 PM
    If anyone figures out an answer to this that would be awesome!

I've used Google Sync now for the past year without any problems, and I switch all of the owner (of the company I work for) calendars over to Google on Friday, only to have it not work... And he lives by his Blackberry calendar! -- so this is not good!

I was running version .5 of Google Sync on my Blackberry 8830 until I upgraded today, trying to troubleshoot his problems on my own phone. I have my cell service through Verizon and he his through Cellular One, so it might not be a cell phone provider issue, but an issue with Google..

Has anyone been on any of the Google Forums to see if they are aware of the problem and are fixing it?

Thanks!
    06-22-10 12:49 AM
    yeah, I'm noticed this, too. Initially, an uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix the problem, but looking back at the log over the past couple days it looks like it's failing about 1 out of every 3 tries. Don't know what's up with that. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears, too.
    06-22-10 05:45 AM
    When I updated to the new hybrid I saw that I had no connection for sync and just did a battery pull and was fixed after that. Wish I knew why...
    06-22-10 06:16 AM
    Well, as of 3:00pm EST on Tue, Jun 22, 2010, the Sync seems to be back up and working. It appears the issue was on Google's end since up until yesterday, two Blackberrys I have were failing on a manual sync attempt. After just now trying, the sync worked on both devices; one with 3,700 contacts and the other with 1,000 contacts. So, all appears good for now - at least for me. However, it demonstrates how vulnerable we are as we rely more and more on Google for their products & services.

If Google is reading, I suggest they provide a STATUS PAGE for each of their services such as Docs, Sync, Notebook, Mail, ... (maybe they do and I don't know about it). I also suggest they ditch the "Beta" label on Google Sync since it was their e-mail excuse for over 5 years when Gmail failed.

Google makes terrific products and I don't want to appear ungrateful. We are all using their products & services and in return they do owe us an acceptable level of service & communication. Let's not forget Google is a cash-cow.
    06-22-10 02:20 PM
    Working this afternoon (3 times) for me as well. I assume it was a google issue. Google really just doesn't communicate the status of services. Poor customer service/info/feedback is one of the main reasons I don't want an Android phone. But I sure like Google Calendar when it is syncing correctly...

Gary
    06-22-10 06:27 PM
    Well, I hope it was a Google issue, but the timing was disturbingly coincidental. keeping my fingers crossed.
    06-23-10 06:09 AM
    I didnt read through all the posts so I hope this isnt a repeat, but did everyone delete all of the "extra" calendars in their service books section?

I am pretty sure this was messing with my OS.
    06-23-10 06:49 AM
    Seems to be working for me again as well.
    06-23-10 07:38 AM
    I didnt read through all the posts so I hope this isnt a repeat, but did everyone delete all of the "extra" calendars in their service books section?
    Yes, I did that early on.

It began working for me yesterday, as well.
    06-23-10 07:58 AM
    Looks like this was a Google issue, non related to any bb os.
    06-23-10 08:07 AM
    O.K, I lied. There, I said it. The ccal wasnt the problem. Well, not the only problem that is.

I'm still having issues.
    06-23-10 09:05 AM
    I've officially gone 24 hours now without a failed sync. Looks like this WAS a Google issue, after all, and seems to be resolved. One less thing to worry about with 713.
    Last edited by TrekkieMonster; 06-24-10 at 05:10 AM.
    06-23-10 02:32 PM
    Yup. Mine's working too.
    06-24-10 01:28 AM
    It's not the .713 doing it. My sync was down for about 3 days. And it finally works randomly now. I believe I errored out yesterday. I am on the stock OS too.
    06-24-10 05:13 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD