I'd like to see how it works as i'm looking to get either this or shortcutme but can only find a QL vid for the storm.

Does QL not have a free trial? Shortcutme does but i haven't installed yet as i'd like to compare both side by side.

Is there a comparison of what one offers that the other does not? I prefer the way QL looks and it will work with my 3G theme with quicklaunch button, but does it offer the same functionality with the keyboard shortcuts and multiple convenience key clicks that shortcutme offers?

cheers
    Last edited by spirez; 08-01-09 at 06:19 AM.
    08-01-09 06:00 AM
    What's this ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 10:25 AM
    You should be asking the developers of whatever software you are asking about... find the website and submit a question.
    08-01-09 10:36 AM
    Isn't the point of a forum to have discussion from users of the apps?
    08-01-09 12:16 PM
    i would make a video but it is pointless as its the best selling app on crackberry and one of the best apps I have ever spent money on because it makes stuff conveinent! I use a bb for personal use and not business and love this app just for simple shortcuts!
    08-01-09 12:32 PM
    Can you use keypad combinations in conjunction with the convenience button to load an app from the home screen? That's the main thing i'd want. Multiple convenience key clicks would be nice but not a huge necessity.
    08-01-09 12:41 PM
    im not positive but i do belive that issue was addressed and used in the current version after reading through all the beta testing threads for the updates. its 5 bucks you wont regret and if you use the app store you might get a bundle package with another app that you want as well!
    08-01-09 06:24 PM
    Unfortunately they dont offer a free trial as i really wanted to compare the two. I've tried out shortcutme and to be honest it's got everything i'd want from an app of this type so i'm gonna stick with it for now.

The convenience keys are effectively assigned to 6 functions now simply by double, triple or quadruple clicking. A really useful feature.

It doesn't look as bad as i thought either, although it may not be to everyone's taste.

Thanks for the insight though! Hopefully nikkisoft release a free trial eventually so i can check that out too. I really dont understand why they dont offer a trial, especially when there's a competitive product that gets great reviews too.

Oh well!
    08-01-09 08:02 PM
    I seriously doubt that CheetahAce will ever have a trial version of QuickLaunch again. He is way too paranoid to do that.
    08-01-09 08:13 PM
    It's a shame because many people are put off by the lack of a trial. I really do want to try QL but I'd be annoyed if I had to pay full whack for it and didn't like it as much.

Can you set up double, triple and quadruple conv key clicks on QL? And can you assign conv + 2 letters to open an app, or just one letter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:14 PM
    I agree 100%. There are many things Cheetah does that rubs people the wrong way. His "customer service" is very questionable.
    08-01-09 09:17 PM
    but today quicklaunch is 50% off making it 2.50!!!
    08-03-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD