Hello CrackBerrians.
    I just got the New Bold 9700, I had the One and Only 9000 Bold.
    But, I'm missing my Iskoot app.
    Does anyone knows where I can get the OTA for Skype or Iskoot..
    Thank You for your time.

.Defton Gautreaux.
    11-26-09 09:35 AM
    mobile.iskoot.com
    Last edited by will1881; 11-26-09 at 09:41 AM.
    11-26-09 09:39 AM
    Dear Blackberry friends,

I did it tonight!

Used the link as proposed before, clicked the link 'download iSkoot today', selected my country, EMail address and an artificial Skype Name (you never know...) - and followed the next steps (user licence agreement...).

I selected iSkoot for BB 421 - and it works perfectly!

Enjoy your Bold 9700 - a wonderful terminal (and was already pampered by my Bold 9000 for 14 months) - best BB I ever used.
    01-31-10 04:28 PM
    Are the skype calls routed over data or voice?
    01-31-10 05:24 PM
    Are the skype calls routed over data or voice?
    voice. it calls a number close to your region for iSkoot and connects you through there. similar to google voice for BB.
    01-31-10 06:30 PM
    I don't get the purpose of iSkoot. iSkoot states that it doesn't work over wifi (by the way, IM+ will run on wifi). I don't get it. If I have a Skype account that covers the US and Canada, and I'm visiting Canada, If I use iSkoot (or for that matter IM+) to call Europe, aren't I still getting charged international roaming by AT&T?

THAT'S bad. I wish it was like on my iPhone. I can travel to Europe; turn off the radio signal (making sure I'm on wifi) and I can call anywhere in the world and it doesn't cost me a penny. Am I missing something here? How do you guys make international calls back to the US when traveling?
    01-31-10 07:11 PM
    I don't get the purpose of iSkoot. iSkoot states that it doesn't work over wifi (by the way, IM+ will run on wifi). I don't get it. If I have a Skype account that covers the US and Canada, and I'm visiting Canada, If I use iSkoot (or for that matter IM+) to call Europe, aren't I still getting charged international roaming by AT&T?

THAT'S bad. I wish it was like on my iPhone. I can travel to Europe; turn off the radio signal (making sure I'm on wifi) and I can call anywhere in the world and it doesn't cost me a penny. Am I missing something here? How do you guys make international calls back to the US when traveling?
    Say you have a contact who is ON skype in Europe, and you're in the US but not at your computer. Then you can call them for free (minus your minutes). That would be the main benefit.

If you have T-mobile, then you can use UMA to call back to the US when travelling. Otherwise, until Skype makes an app for BB, you'll have to go back to your iPhone.
    01-31-10 07:25 PM
    I've tried iSkoot but had some trouble connecting as it was telling me I was already logged in. After 2-3 hours, it logged in but call quality was so horrible that I decided to buy some SkypeOut credits and activate the call forward to my cell phone... now it works like a charm without the need of running another program.
    01-31-10 08:09 PM
    If you have T-mobile, then you can use UMA to call back to the US when travelling...
    Not true. If u traveling oversea, u have to make sure the carrier that u roaming to also support uma. Otherwise it won't work. As far I know, t-mobile and I think vodaphone support uma. I don't know who else. And t-mo network is in most of europe countries and of course america. If u travel to somewhere in asia, they don't have t-mo network and thus have to make sure they have uma capability.

I believe skype was trying to come out last summer with a version that doesn't use wifi but use air time minute on ur bb. And it never came out. God I hope they don't make this version. I don't want to use the air time min. I would rather use the wifi only instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 12:26 AM
    Not true. If u traveling oversea, u have to make sure the carrier that u roaming to also support uma. Otherwise it won't work. As far I know, t-mobile and I think vodaphone support uma. I don't know who else. And t-mo network is in most of europe countries and of course america. If u travel to somewhere in asia, they don't have t-mo network and thus have to make sure they have uma capability.

I believe skype was trying to come out last summer with a version that doesn't use wifi but use air time minute on ur bb. And it never came out. God I hope they don't make this version. I don't want to use the air time min. I would rather use the wifi only instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    as far as i understand it (and i don't have t-mobile so don't quote me) and from what i've read on this forum, you can use UMA on ANY wifi network in the world (save the whole airpline wifi thing). it connects to t-mobile's UMA servers through the wifi, and thus has nothing to do with the carrier you're roaming on (IF you are roaming internationally). as long as you have t-mobile as your provider, are using a t-mobile 9700 (or one w/ the UMA service books) and are connected to a wifi service, you should be able to call US numbers using your standard plan's minutes as if you were calling from a US GSM network.
    02-01-10 03:59 AM
    hey thanks alot, i give it a shot thinking it would'nt work but it works great!!!
    05-04-10 08:59 AM
    hi guys
    i just install iskoot.one question i am in greece and i call another person in greece from iskoot-skype in my bb 9700 i dont get charge ....it works like iam on my pc????

thnks
    05-08-10 12:55 PM
    hi guys
    i just install iskoot.one question i am in greece and i call another person in greece from iskoot-skype in my bb 9700 i dont get charge ....it works like iam on my pc????

thnks
    no it doesn't work like skype on pc does. you will be incurring deductions to your minutes. it's not a true voip...it is quite sad that we don't have this functionality.
    ray germany likes this.
    05-08-10 04:35 PM
    hi guys

so for bb 9700 there isnt any application that works like skype....to dont charge your minutes but use your internet connection?

thnks
    05-09-10 06:26 AM
    hi guys

so for bb 9700 there isnt any application that works like skype....to dont charge your minutes but use your internet connection?

thnks
    What you say is true but even so, iSkoot is a heck of a lot cheaper than calling overseas using your carrier.

Skype need to release a product for BlackBerry. They have one but it is Verizon exclusive. I guess that this is Verizon's doing since Skype have released for all carriers on other hardware platforms.
    05-09-10 07:45 AM
    Interesting topic. Iskoot is ok but it's still over voice. Verizon people landed a break exclusively with Skype. Thank goodness for skype on ipod touch
    05-09-10 01:41 PM
    if u have unlimited min why should you care, the call is free
    05-16-10 12:36 PM
    hi guys

thnks
    Well whenever your using wifi everything is done over the wifi/voip and not using your minutes. Well with t-mobile at least.
    05-20-10 11:26 AM
    i downloaded the IM+ successfuly im currently living in france is it free to call lebanon over skype? 10x for ur reply
    12-29-10 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD