Who owns an iPhone also and is it any faster and more responsive than a blackberry? I've never seen anything so slow in my life, I just can't stand it.
    10-30-09 09:10 AM
    What, exactly, do you find to be so slow? In general, I find BB devices to be pretty responsive.

The iPhone does not mult-task like other smartphones, so that should make it seem faster because it's doing just one thing.
    10-30-09 09:30 AM
    If you downloaded a custom theme that has fonts which are not pre-loaded on the BlackBerry, it will slow the operation of the device, especially if it is loading a page with lots of text.
    10-30-09 09:38 AM
    BB apologists. Of course these things are slow in comparison to other smartphones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 09:41 AM
    I just updated to the latest 5.0 OS and I think it speeded up everything including the boot.
    So, try it. Or get a roll of quarters and search for a pay phone. Remember those?
    10-30-09 09:42 AM
    I just updated to the latest 5.0 OS and I think it speeded up everything including the boot.
    So, try it. Or get a roll of quarters and search for a pay phone. Remember those?
    What I remember is how my dumb-phone used to unlock instantly without taking 5+ seconds just to digest the password, or take 2 minutes to turn on.

The big beef for me is that, being a developer, and since all too often the simulator behavior differs from the real device, about 3 dozen times a day I have to install something and wait for a reset. That takes forever, and even when it comes back up it reminds me of Vista, looks like it's ready but you can't do anything yet for a while, locked up, slow as molasses, it drives me nuts and wastes substantial valuable time when you add all that up.

I think it's Java, I only see virtual machines as being tolerable to use on very fast machines.
    10-30-09 12:01 PM
    Yes, I kinda agree with the slow responsiveness.

For ex: when I want to view my pictures, it lags about 10 seconds before it displays my pics. Also, when I send a text, it lags 5-10 seconds, then I see the text appear, and takes another couple seconds to finally send.

I know, to some these are "petty", but I wouldn't expect these sorts of things for a BB. Maybe an updated OS would solve these problems?
    10-30-09 01:01 PM
    You're comparing an 8330 to the iphone?....... That thing has limited app memory, ~300mhz cpu and is quite old.

Perhaps try a more recent BB?
    10-30-09 01:09 PM
    Get Memoryup Pro....I just downloaded the trial to my Blackberry and it works wonders for the slowness! It's much more responsive now.
    10-30-09 03:26 PM
    Thanks, but I can just run my own Meters app which has the same effect.

p.s. I made an inadvertent mistake posting this here, to me it's related to 3rd party apps because the slowness I'm mostly annoyed at is when restarting to test, but to most people this should probably be elsewhere.
    10-30-09 05:57 PM
    Thanks, but I can just run my own Meters app which has the same effect.

p.s. I made an inadvertent mistake posting this here, to me it's related to 3rd party apps because the slowness I'm mostly annoyed at is when restarting to test, but to most people this should probably be elsewhere.
    I did find that having "memory cleaner" disabled greatly reduced the re-boot time. But it still takes my Bold about 90 seconds to re-boot (with Memory Cleaner enabled the re-boot time was about 4 minutes).
    Last edited by tellsells; 10-30-09 at 09:27 PM.
    10-30-09 07:24 PM
    mine is quicker than the iphone. just disable all the programs you are using and boom its pretty quick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 07:47 PM
    I can kinda see where you're coming from. If I had to reboot mine a bunch of times each day and wait for it to be usable to try something else, I would throw it out the window. When I have to restart mine, I just find something else to do for about 10 minutes. It's not that important to me.
    10-30-09 08:11 PM
    Not me. My S2 is fast enough for me. Granted I haven't compared a ton of smartphones, but as long as I'm happy with what I have then I see no reason to go searching.
    10-30-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD