Anyone else notice a memory leak with the latest release of UberTwitter? I always notice losing roughly 7 to 8mb of memory during the course of the day. The only program I've kept open in the background is UberTwitter. I always closed every other program "correctly," using the "Close" command.

I'm *fairly* certain it's nothing else since I've experimented and only used this 3rd party app the past couple of days. All other programs I used were the stock Blackberry apps (mail, browser, phone, etc.). I say *fairly certain* since there always seems to be something that one of you power users out there know that most us don't that could be causing these issues.

Anyone else notice this?
    07-27-09 09:04 PM
    its proabbly because the program caches the tweets and images so the more you use it the more your memory disappears.
    07-27-09 10:33 PM
    I haven't noticed a dramatic loss of memory from uber......but I don't use it all day long either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:44 AM
    UPDATE:

I've lowered the number of cached images to only 50 and it seems to control the memory *much* better. I've had it on for about 10 hours and it's holding steady around 3mb of memory loss, most likely due to receiving new messages, etc.

Thanks for the input guys!
    07-28-09 07:26 AM
    UPDATE:

I've lowered the number of cached images to only 50 and it seems to control the memory *much* better. I've had it on for about 10 hours and it's holding steady around 3mb of memory loss, most likely due to receiving new messages, etc.

Thanks for the input guys!
    This helped me too! Thanks!

~R
    08-01-09 04:19 PM
    Yes, it seems to consume a lot more memory than should be accounted by the incoming traffic, and it doesn't release if Uber is closed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:01 PM
    Mine is pretty bad too. I'm pulling my battery more or less every day. I even tried to delete apps to see if that makes a difference. Nothing. I'm not even keeping UberTwitter running on background mode. If it wasn't such a great app outside of the leak, I would probably delete it.
    04-21-10 04:00 PM
    Wow, this is a really old topic, we're up to beta 7, almost 8 by now...
    Upgrading to a newer version might help people who still have trouble with leaks on beta 3
    04-21-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD