Ok... Last Monday I got "Your Free Trial has ended" and I'm like huh? Ok dummy me forgot to enter the activation code.
    This Monday I got "Your Free Trial has ended" and again I'm like huh? I know I did this last week.
    Anyone else see this?

FYI... This was the software that was a freebie for buying something. Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, just wondering if it's got something to do with that.
    02-04-08 01:24 PM
    Hi Member_No.1,

That's certainly odd and no, it's doesn't have anything to do with the free giveaway (we're not evil! ).

A couple of things can cause the reset - the main one is if you perform an OS upgrade or basically any other process which causes the application database to be wiped from your BlackBerry.

Has anything like this happened for your recently?

Also, you can check that "registered" status of the application by going to the BBSmart Options screen. Up in the top right hand corner it will say either "Trial" or "Registered". What do you see?

Thanks.
    02-05-08 04:24 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    It might be the updated OS. It states I'm registered.
    Just seem funny that both times it did it was on a Monday. Both 7 days after my original install.
    Will keep you posted.

Thanks again!
    02-05-08 04:32 AM
    A couple of things can cause the reset - the main one is if you perform an OS upgrade or basically any other process which causes the application database to be wiped from your BlackBerry.
    This is really a great app. Makes reading email on your BB really nice.

I upgraded my OS shortly after getting my Curve and after loading this app. Had no problems re-inputting reg code and getting the program back and running.
    02-05-08 04:33 AM
    [QUOTE=editionfws;117409]you have to have the premium version of hotmail. a few people got lucky, and the free version worked, but you have to enable outlook inside of your hotmail account on the computer, and once that is enabled, you will be able to get via BIS. I had this problem and contacted hotmail and BB and they both told me ill need the premium version of hotmail...

i couldn't get my hotmail to my BB or any other email that is not MSN.
    so i found this program that can froward your email to any account automatically.

i am new so i cant type website addresses,
    so just go to a search engine and type "getmail"
    or go to download.com and search for it.

it is free and it seems to work just fine.

good luck
    02-12-08 05:15 AM
    I got it the same time as most people with the free promotion. I had the problem of the trial ending but I put my code in again and it works perfectly fine including my Hotmail email that is pushed to my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 06:50 AM
    Great app.. no more hyperlink madness
    02-17-08 06:16 AM
    I own both BBSmart and Empower HTML viewers both work very well, Empower offers the ability to cache images to your storage card. I am waiting for BBSmart next big update that was rumored to be out soon, anyone hear about the update?
    02-17-08 09:58 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD