07-20-09 09:32 PM
26 12
tools
    i just downloaded this app and I have to say that I really like it. It uses the native messaging app and puts them into threaded form. You might want to check it out if you are a fan of threaded messaging, or at least until OS 5 comes out.

Just thought I'd share.
    07-20-09 07:34 AM
    I thought about it but stopped when I saw the comments regarding some issues it caused on phones. You didn't have any issues, though, huh? I would definitely like to try something other than the native program.

Also...do you happen to have QuickText? The description notes that it would work with quick texting applications but wouldn't mind some first hand commentary on if they play nicely together.

-R.
    07-20-09 07:40 AM
    I'm gunna have to try that. Or the program that is on the blog right now. I just hope it works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 08:04 AM
    @ donnation...did you purchase it or did you just use the trial? I downloaded the trial just to see how it goes however I must not have done something correctly bc I cant use it.
    07-20-09 08:12 AM
    I'm using the trial and it works pretty good! No errors or anything! I downloaded it from Mobihand.
    07-20-09 08:14 AM
    I downloaded the trial this morning for my Tour and it is not working correctly. The name isnt showing up and neither is the picture for the contact that is texting me. Also, the font preferences are not saving. Guess I will just take it off and wait for the new OS 5.0!
    07-20-09 08:16 AM
    I downloaded the trial this morning and I must say - I love it!! Have had no problems whatsoever. It's a little pricey and I'm not sure how long the trial is for. Anybody know? I may just have to dig deep in the pockets to purchase this if it keeps working like it is now.
    07-20-09 08:21 AM
    os5 is supposed to include threaded sms. no reason to buy this unless you cannot wait.
    07-20-09 08:23 AM
    I thought about it but stopped when I saw the comments regarding some issues it caused on phones. You didn't have any issues, though, huh? I would definitely like to try something other than the native program.

Also...do you happen to have QuickText? The description notes that it would work with quick texting applications but wouldn't mind some first hand commentary on if they play nicely together.

-R.
    I have both these apps and love it. Running them on the Tour. The QuickSMS allows you to program a letter per contact. When you're ready to send a text, you hit Q then the letter you've programmed and it pulls up compose. If you have SMS Viewer installed, it will compose in that app.

LOVE these apps!!
    07-20-09 08:23 AM
    @ donnation...did you purchase it or did you just use the trial? I downloaded the trial just to see how it goes however I must not have done something correctly bc I cant use it.
    Did you download Empower Central first? That has to be downloaded in order for the app itself to work.
    07-20-09 08:25 AM
    os5 is supposed to include threaded sms. no reason to buy this unless you cannot wait.
    exactly why i didnt even bother with the trial. OS 5.0 will have threaded SMS and i'm sure a leak isn't that far off. i think BBM 5.0 getting leaked is a sign that we r getting closer to the major leak.

i'll take my Semi-threaded SMS till then
    07-20-09 08:29 AM
    I have the 8330 Curve - no OS 5 for me! Hope you all are enjoying your Tours.....too soon for me to upgrade but am definitely looking forward to doing that. Anyway - I'll have to purchase this if I continue to like it - which I do so far.
    07-20-09 08:30 AM
    i am not to familiar with what threaded SMS actually is... but isn't the SMS already threaded on the Storm? When I click on a new SMS i can see the past several messages back and forth. Isn't that the jist of threaded SMS? I don't know what i am not understanding.
    07-20-09 08:38 AM
    i am not to familiar with what threaded SMS actually is... but isn't the SMS already threaded on the Storm? When I click on a new SMS i can see the past several messages back and forth. Isn't that the jist of threaded SMS? I don't know what i am not understanding.
    In essence, yes, but ultimately, the conversation will just continue and you can trace it back to the beginning. The Storm SMS, at least with mine, is their last text with the texts that I have sent. You don't actually have the whole conversation. I believe, with my very limited experience, that threaded SMS can also mean texts over 160 characters. Please correct me if I am wrong!
    07-20-09 08:46 AM
    I have the 8330 Curve - no OS 5 for me! Hope you all are enjoying your Tours.....too soon for me to upgrade but am definitely looking forward to doing that. Anyway - I'll have to purchase this if I continue to like it - which I do so far.
    I was one of the beta testers and I haven't had any problems at all since the release. I love it! Also, the developer stated on the thread that they are offering a discount until the 23rd...use the code 50off and you'll get it for half price! This was stated in the beta thread under the "Blackberry Apps" section.

07-20-09 09:29 AM
    I was one of the beta testers and I haven't had any problems at all since the release. I love it! Also, the developer stated on the thread that they are offering a discount until the 23rd...use the code 50off and you'll get it for half price! This was stated in the beta thread under the "Blackberry Apps" section.

Jusmore - I can't find the 50% off discount. I went to Blackberry apps but it still showed $14.99. Can you help me find it? Thanks!

"Dear All,
    Good news, all three apps Empower SMS Viewer, Quick SMS and SMS Popup are live now Please update your copies to the latest version either from Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more or from CrackBerry or other online stores.

Also, to celebrate this occasion, we are happy to provide all 3 apps at a deep-discounted price of 50% OFF! Just use the coupon code 50off in the Shopping Cart when you order. Please note, this coupon is valid only till 23rd June 2009 so please use it before it expires.

Best Regards,
    Ani."

Yes - there is a 50% off - but only if you buy all the 3 apps listed above.....Darn!
    Last edited by cookie56; 07-20-09 at 10:13 AM.
    07-20-09 09:48 AM
    actually, i clicked on that link, added Empower SMS to the shopping cart, then i entered: 50off into the promo section and its down to $7.49
    07-20-09 11:54 AM
    No kidding??? Hmmm, for that price I will probably consider that. Thanks for the info.
    07-20-09 11:58 AM
    I am seeing the error of not loading the contact info in the title. Anybody find a fix for that problem?
    07-20-09 12:27 PM
    Been using the app since it first appeared in beta form. Bought the Viewer on it's own and have no issues with it running on my Bold. I like that it's highly customisable, background image, text font and colour etc. I doubt that when RIM release true threaded SMS on OS 5 that it will be so customisable... I think Empowers app looks purty!!!

07-20-09 01:44 PM
    i downloaded the trial this morning... pretty good application. very nice that you can customize, but i dont think i will pay 14.99 for it. (or 7.49 with that discount code -- yes, im pretty cheap. NYC living is pricey! LOL)...

i do like how sms are grouped/threaded together, but i do not like when you click on your sms/mms box, it still shows your native sms... you have to click into a sms in order to see the app itself... would've have been cooler if it was a separate application.

either way, i will continue to use the trial. btw, does anyone know how long the trial is exactly... i'm assuming a message will pop up when my trial is over...

**** just realized this app is a VIEWER. duh, vanessa. lol
    Last edited by vnssa906; 07-20-09 at 04:27 PM.
    07-20-09 04:21 PM
    yes the 50off promo code does work..not sure if i want to purchase it. so far so good i like it
    07-20-09 04:54 PM
    It's not really threaded sms. The functionally happens w/ or w/o the app. It just shows the previous sms messages, but not always. I've had people message me in reply and then we've got a who new "thread."

True threaded sms would stop that and I wouldn't have to have all of my messages listed in my messages section, they would all be gathered into 1 app. Like 3jam does (this is not a recommendation because I have issues with 3jam).

Basically, what you'd be paying for is the style.
    07-20-09 05:53 PM
    It's not really threaded sms. The functionally happens w/ or w/o the app. It just shows the previous sms messages, but not always. I've had people message me in reply and then we've got a who new "thread."

True threaded sms would stop that and I wouldn't have to have all of my messages listed in my messages section, they would all be gathered into 1 app. Like 3jam does (this is not a recommendation because I have issues with 3jam).

Basically, what you'd be paying for is the style.
    Cosign. Just looks pretty. No threaded sms functionality that the native OS doesn't already do.
    07-20-09 06:02 PM
    "does anyone know how long the trial is exactly"

Trial period is seven days
    07-20-09 07:02 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD