I recently installed Epocrated RX database on my 8320, the BB has been running slow since installed. I have about 6mb free memory. Has your BB slowed down since you installed it?

Thanks
    07-02-09 08:35 AM
    make sure your auto updates is OFF that was the main hangup cuz it kept wanting to check for updates.
    07-02-09 08:54 AM
    How do you turn off your auto updates? I go to the options and the autoupdate section and there is no section to check. There is this "enabled timed updates" but doesn't seem to be the same as the auto update.
    07-02-09 09:39 AM
    thats considered their auto updates. if you dont uncheck that it will continually check for updates.
    07-02-09 10:42 AM
    I unselected the days to update, the timed updates, and i did a battery pull. lets see how it works today.
    Thanks
    07-02-09 11:09 AM
    Epocrates does not work on my Bold 9650.
    It will install, but is kicked out with error messages after a few hours. This happened 12 times!
    I called Epocrates. They admitted that this happens in 10% of Bolds! and they have no fix.
    and they have no timetable for their engineers to create a fix for Blackberry Bolds! I have to have Epocrates in my work, so am adding an Ipod Touch.
    11-14-10 09:46 PM
    I use and prefer medscape. Its completely free and very similar in function. Plus they seem to put a little moremore into their BB app. It appears webMD backs it, I dunno. But anyway check it out at medscape.com/blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 10:10 PM
    I have always had huge issues with the program. Now i just go to drugs. Com if i need to look anything up.
    11-15-10 08:54 AM
    Your File Free Memory is too low, you really should have a minimum of 12Mb to insure good phone operation.

You need to delet some stuff.

Do you have a Media Card installed? If so make sure that your pictures, etc. are copied to the Media Card and deleted from the phone.

I recall that the 8320 had a promo video that took up a lot of space. Try this.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video. Press Menu and select Delete. You just got 2Mb memory back. Again check the File Free number. It should be getting bigger.

There is other stuff that can be deleted too but please come back here once you have made a start.
    11-15-10 09:08 AM
    I have always had huge issues with the program. Now i just go to drugs. Com if i need to look anything up.
    Try medscape it is a good perscription management program. Medscape.com/blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD