I've been considering getting Ascendo Money for my BB, but I have a couple of questions that their User Guide and website do not address. So, if anybody here uses that program, hopefully you can answer a couple of questions:

(1) How many years' worth of information is stored in the program? Is there a limit? (I've been using Microsoft Money for many years, and sometimes have the need to go back many years to find old expenses. If I started using Ascendo Money, I'd probably use it and stop using Microsoft Money. Therefore, I'd need to know that Ascendo Money is capable of storing many years' worth of data. If, on the other hand, Ascendo money only stores a few months' worth of data, or even only a couple of years' worth of data, it's probably too limited to be of much use to me).

(2) Can the user data file be stored on the MicroSD card? (As above, I'd want Ascendo Money to store many years' worth of data, and I'd assume the data file would be pretty big. If it has to be stored in device memory, this may be a limitation that make the program of no use to me).

Anyway, thanks in advance if anybody can answer these questions for me.
    12-07-07 05:48 PM
    I just bought it without a clue. I didn't even think of the memory issue.
    02-19-08 07:07 PM
    I'm still on the trial version of Ascendo money (Day #3). The program comes with a desktop version also. It looks like you can store years and years worth of info on your desktop. It gives you an option of how many transactions to keep on your BB (default setting is 100). That way the file on your BB doesn't get too big. I hope that answers your questions.
    02-24-08 11:33 AM
    Thanks for the info. So, it looks like they're treating the BB as a means of entering transactions "on the go," and not as a means for actually being able to view prior expenses. I guess that makes sense.
    02-24-08 11:46 AM
    I have owned my blackberry curve for about 4 months now and I absolutely love it, with one (and only one) exception. While owning a treo 650, I fell in love with splash money. An amazing finance program on so many levels (too many to list here). I do own ascendo money, and I simply do not like it. Little things like having to manually enter each and every entry (where spalsh money would remember previous entries) to a uniform color for all entries (where splash money would use red and black to differentiate between credits and debits) are disappointing.
    02-24-08 12:32 PM
    I have owned my blackberry curve for about 4 months now and I absolutely love it, with one (and only one) exception. While owning a treo 650, I fell in love with splash money. An amazing finance program on so many levels (too many to list here). I do own ascendo money, and I simply do not like it. Little things like having to manually enter each and every entry (where spalsh money would remember previous entries) to a uniform color for all entries (where splash money would use red and black to differentiate between credits and debits) are disappointing.
    I am also very biased towards SplashMoney as a former Palm user. Best program, IMHO, hands down. Shortly after getting it, I pretty much did away with all paper registers. Add that to the ability to sync transactions with some banks over the air... truly fantastic, and there is supposed to be a BB port in the works. I cannot wait.

In all fairness, I should try Ascendo first. I may be pleasantly surprised!
    02-26-08 06:48 PM
    Try jabplite its a free program JabpLite. This is what i use. No desktop program link but its good for on the go. Also Mobatech - BlackBerry Mobile Banking - Mobile Checkbook is a good app but costs 12.99.
    03-24-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD