The one thing I love about my iPod Touch is an app called Air Video. For $3, the app lets me stream movies off of my computer hard drive at home no matter where I am (so long as I have wifi access). I'm pretty sure you can also do this over 3G with the iPhone and iPad.

I've held off on getting an iPad (and iPad 2) because the PlayBook is a better fit for me. But I would LOVE to have something like Air Video available for PlayBook - especially if Tether comes out with an app, then I could watch my movies/shows pretty much anywhere without worrying about taking up hard drive space.

I guess there's Orb, but I'm hoping for a nice, streamlined, dedicated app. I've looked around, but haven't seen/heard about anything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 12:32 AM
    03-16-11 12:46 AM
    Thanks! (My search skills are crap.)

I would gladly pay $20 for one of those "premium" apps referenced in the other thread so long as it allows for remote streaming/simple port forwarding. (No real need for me to stream to PlayBook via DLNA when I'm at home, but it's nice to know that it will likely be an option.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD