I am a bit of a weather nut, and really like weatherunderground.com's radar. If you use "wundermaps," you can see individual streets with the radar image superimposed over the streets. While weather underground has a decent mobile weather site, only the PC version has the better/more detailed radar image. So far, I have not found any apps for blackberry (including berryweather) which have a radar image of more than an entire City.

Has anyone downloaded a weather app which has more powerful/local radar images?
    08-01-09 07:30 PM
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that you can use wundermaps with berryweather's custom radar links feature. There are several tutorials in the How To & FAQ section of the forums on how to do this. Just search that particular forum for "custom radar link" in the title and it should give you some good results.

I'd find the links for you myself if I was at home, but I'm on my handheld at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:40 AM
    wundermaps works well with custom radar links...
    08-02-09 10:44 AM

Has anyone downloaded a weather app which has more powerful/local radar images?
    Depends on how much you are willing to pay. My-Cast has what you are looking for in radar coverage. It's 9.95/quarter so its not cheap. The radar is very good and offers detailed local as well as regional coverage with the ability to zoom in and out etc. It's available through Handango
    08-02-09 11:39 AM
    wundermaps works well with custom radar links...
    I can't get wundermaps to load on my browser. Does it work better/faster as a custom radar link?
    08-02-09 11:59 AM
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that you can use wundermaps with berryweather's custom radar links feature. There are several tutorials in the How To & FAQ section of the forums on how to do this. Just search that particular forum for "custom radar link" in the title and it should give you some good results.

I'd find the links for you myself if I was at home, but I'm on my handheld at the moment.

I installed berry weather custom apps and put in the link to wunderground mobile . It looks great but for some reason its behind. I see rain that is 100 miles away yet its raining on my head yesterday. I check my local radar station for Tv and it show the rain on top of me. I don't know if I want to but the bbweather if I can't get better mapping. I see weatherbug elite is number one in the App store anybody used this one?
    08-02-09 12:06 PM
    Try Weatherbug elite. Radar overlay right onto bbmaps. All the bells and whistles you would expect.

08-02-09 12:27 PM
    Installed Weatherbug elite yesterday and the radar works great.
    08-02-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD