Hi all,

Even though I don't have a nice, new Tour, I am a new Curve user. I also have a shiny new Google Voice number, but was wondering - is there a way for us Sprint people to use it effectively?

I know there is an app we can download to use, but here's what I mean. We don't (at least that I know of) have a "favorites" number that we can add to make it worthwhile, to get outgoing calls for free, for example.

Is there any way to benefit from Google Voice?

TIA!
    07-12-09 09:50 PM
    Hi all,

Even though I don't have a nice, new Tour, I am a new Curve user. I also have a shiny new Google Voice number, but was wondering - is there a way for us Sprint people to use it effectively?
    Definitely. I just got a new GV # too. and i'll fill ya in!

I know there is an app we can download to use, but here's what I mean. We don't (at least that I know of) have a "favorites" number that we can add to make it worthwhile, to get outgoing calls for free, for example.

Is there any way to benefit from Google Voice?

TIA!
    So yes, GVDialer is the way to go. Of course it's a little annoying with the delay for the calls, but they will be free

What you need to do is call up Sprint and talk about how you have friends on other providers (like T-Mobile and MyFaves) and you were wondering if there is something like that on Sprint. Try to be convincing that you are really thinking about switching and that's the most important thing to you. They'll forward you to retentions. Once you're at retentions they'll ask you for the 3 numbers you want and you're set.

Unfortunately, it looks like you have to set GV to send the GV caller ID for incoming calls to be free, so you're answering them blind.
    07-12-09 10:58 PM
    Can someone invite me? PM me possibly and I will give you my name and email?
    07-13-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD