Ive been looking but still cant find any info. The ipad is cool but its pointless without having internet on the go.... Im going to put it on ebay but i just figured id ask one last time does anyone know of a way to tether my 3g connection on my 9700 to my ipad? or know of an app in development or anything at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 01:09 AM
    I think Apple will have it pretty well locked down so you can only run 3G from their 3G capable iPads.
    04-23-10 01:19 AM
    Nice idea and would be cool but I haven't heard anything different. Doubt apple would allow it.

04-23-10 01:45 AM
    04-23-10 03:00 AM
    seriously man, do your homework before buy something like this. if it was that important, you wouldve gotten or waited for the 3G version of the iPad. there *is* a reason they made 2 versions.
    04-23-10 03:15 AM
    Your telling me to do my homework?... you obviously have no idea that it IS possible to tether any android phone, web OS, windows and any iphone now to the Ipad now... Blackberry is currently the only one left out... and these are the Blackberry forums... so that is why i asked...

04-23-10 03:39 AM
    Your telling me to do my homework?... you obviously have no idea that it IS possible to tether any android phone, web OS, windows and any iphone now to the Ipad now... Blackberry is currently the only one left out... and these are the Blackberry forums... so that is why i asked...

It's not tethering. It's making the phones into a wifi hotspot.

YOU ALREADY ASKED THIS QUESTION HERE! There was NO need to make a second post. If you didn't like the answers you got, bump the old thread back up.

But obviously, you did NOT do your homework because you have a blackberry, and while those other phones you mentioned can turn themselves into wifi hotspots, the BB hardware cannot, and you did not research that beforehand.

The iPad is a piece of junk anyway.
    04-23-10 05:34 AM
    Hey guys, be cool here. Be cool.

If the iPad tethers to other phones then it can tether to the BlackBerry. I do not know how this is done because I have never needed to do it. I do know however that you can tether a PC to a BlackBerry via the PC's USB port. Therefore I surmise that if the iPad is capable of tethering to other devices it can also tether to a BlackBerry.

There is further question here like does the carrier allow tethering without further charges and is tethering currently enabled on the OPs phone.

I have never seen a BlackBerry hotspot program. That would be very cool to have.

That said, I wonder why the OP did not just wait and get a 3G iPad? Gotta say that my Kindle works worldwide (well, where there's coverage) and downloads books from the UK and in the US.

I also do not like him posting a duplicate which I saw a few days ago.

If we can't solve the guy's problem then let's say so and he can look elsewhere. I do not want to close this thread but....
    04-23-10 06:06 AM
    ....but an advanced amount of a-holes sometimes makes that impossible.
    OP, do yourself a favor and sell that iPad on ebay. You'll get the 3G version and love it. Besides, I wouldn't want any of my Apple products contaminated with a RIM internet connection.

04-23-10 06:31 AM
    Nope, no tethering. It's just not possible. The iPad doesn't allow for it.

Now, what Blackberry needs is someone to develop an app which will allow the BB to broadcast a wifi signal, using the data plan. Then you could use your iPad with it!

I would pay a lot for an app like that myself.
    04-23-10 08:52 AM
    Ya you definitely should have just waited another month and got the 3G version, not really understanding why you didn't. Another thing you could do is get a Verizon Mifi for $50/mo I believe it is, basically it's a portable 3G router, that's what my family uses alot to connect our iPod Touch's to the net.
    04-23-10 08:53 AM
    It's not tethering. It's making the phones into a wifi hotspot.

YOU ALREADY ASKED THIS QUESTION HERE! There was NO need to make a second post. If you didn't like the answers you got, bump the old thread back up.

But obviously, you did NOT do your homework because you have a blackberry, and while those other phones you mentioned can turn themselves into wifi hotspots, the BB hardware cannot, and you did not research that beforehand.

The iPad is a piece of junk anyway.
    Guy sounds like me right about now. QFT
    04-23-10 11:30 AM
    Guy sounds like me right about now. QFT
    And i didnt want an ipad at first... but i got this one for free at a confrence so i figured what the heck, i can play with it a bit, and see what the fuss is about and then sell it, but i think i might like one now, so that is the purpose of me asking now. I dont want to sell it then pay the extra money plus another 30$ to att every month if anyone knew of an app in development for the blackberry or something. That was the purpose of the new thread. Maybe someone heard of something in development. I cant think about why an app for BB wouldnt have been written for this by now.

04-23-10 12:56 PM
    That sucks when somebody like yourself gets something they don't want like a free ipad, there's tons of other peeps out there who would be thrilled to get a free ipad wether I really wanted one or not.
    04-23-10 01:25 PM
    android allows wifi tethering (i was doing it with my Nexus)... so that would be one way to tether the iPad... (the Nexus - running a custom Desire Sense UI ROM - allowed it to be a hotspot essentially, same as bluetooth tethering, just doing via wifi)...

I don't know if there's anything in BB the world that allows wifi tethering (ie. the BB transmits its data connection over wifi, instead of usb or bluetooth)... the ipad would simply see a wifi connection...
    04-23-10 01:31 PM
    android allows wifi tethering (i was doing it with my Nexus)... so that would be one way to tether the iPad... (the Nexus - running a custom Desire Sense UI ROM - allowed it to be a hotspot essentially, same as bluetooth tethering, just doing via wifi)...

I don't know if there's anything in BB the world that allows wifi tethering (ie. the BB transmits its data connection over wifi, instead of usb or bluetooth)... the ipad would simply see a wifi connection...
    I'm really considering getting a nexus one... how is the email on that thing? and the 3g tethering with the ipad?

04-23-10 01:41 PM
    I have had enough of this guy.

Closed.
    04-23-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD