Hi all, I am looking for a way to take a complete backup of my Storm 2. I don't mean just back up the files/emails I have on there. I'm talking about a complete image, so that I can restore it to exactly the same state that it is in currently. This would include everything - where I have moved my icons to in the menus, my settings, my files, etc.

It seems like the Blackberry Desktop Manager backup/restore just backs up your apps/some settings, but not EVERYTHING. I'm looking for an app that will basically take a complete image of everything.

Anything out there that can do that?

Thanks!
    11-15-09 03:21 PM
    get capture it to take screenshots
    11-15-09 04:00 PM
    I think maybe I wasn't clear. I mean an image, like when you take an image of your computer hard drive. A lot of businesses use that so that they don't have to install Windows on every computer in the business.. rather they install it on one computer, configure it how they want it, and then take an image of that hard drive. They can then just copy that image over to each new computer to avoid the hassle of re-setting up windows on each one.

So I'm looking for something like that - something that takes a complete copy of everything on my BB... so if I mess something up, etc, I can restore this "image" and the BB will be restored back to EXACTLY how it was before I messed it up.

Thanks..
    11-15-09 04:41 PM
    It would be nice to "Clone" an image or "Ghost" the phone if you will, but RIM actually has locked out various memory locations that cannot be read. Instead, I wish all settings were stored in like ".INI" or ".XML" files allowing backup and restore. This would accomplish what your looking for to the extent of all settings and such. Especially paid for apps that require Serial numbers when the OS is upgraded to be readded. Why this information is not backed up is beyond me. It is actually a pretty tarded setup if you ask me.
    11-15-09 05:44 PM
    I do not think anything like that exists although Desktop Manager does create a pretty complete backup using the backup - all stuff winds up in an *.ipd file.

You can use BBsak to backup all of the CODS including the BB ones and all apps.
    11-15-09 05:48 PM
    yea dude what are u talking about? DM's back creates exactly that. i create backup files all the time and then reload those backup files on my backup phone. it creates an exact mirror image of my main device and makes my backup one exactly the same. down to the profile settings, themes, icon locations, programs and picture files. so what you are asking for, DM already does when you do a backup.
    11-15-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD