I installed Google Voice on my Bold yesterday, but I'm still playing around with the service and not using all that often. I noticed that the app starts up with the Bold. It seems like the battery drains faster with this running, so I exit out of the app whenever I reboot.

Is there any way to prevent this from starting up when you boot up your BlackBerry?

Thanks,
    Matt
    08-28-09 02:33 PM
    Agree..... I have a few apps that run automatically. I'd like a program that lets ME decide what I want to run at startup.
    08-28-09 02:40 PM
    Agree..... I have a few apps that run automatically. I'd like a program that lets ME decide what I want to run at startup.
    This isn't exactly what the OP is looking for but it might help you: Start Me Up
    08-28-09 02:57 PM
    This isn't exactly what the OP is looking for but it might help you: Start Me Up
    Good app, but it's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking for.
    08-28-09 03:04 PM
    Try this:

Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications

Highlight the app, then "Edit Permissions"

Under Connections, change Phone to Deny

Reboot

You might still have to Switch Application to the app and then close/exit it.
    10-05-09 07:25 PM
    I once asked RIM if it was possible to toggle the autostart flag of a module after it's installed, and the answer was "no". You can read the flag but not change it. Otherwise I'd write an app like what you have in Windows where you can select which autostart items to enable and disable.

The autostart flag is set before building the module and as far as I know once it's built, it's going to autostart as long as it's installed.
    10-05-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD