Any pilots here know of an E6B app for the Blackberry? Preferably a free app. I've been using a free E6B app on my winmo phone call zipE6B, it works great! But I really want to switch to a Blackberry.
    08-20-09 03:08 PM
    ex-Air Traffic Controller, Private Pilot. Have you checked this one: Blackberry: Blackberry: FlyBy E6B by SkyWriter Software for Blackberry

But it's not free...£14.09 (there's a free trial)
    08-20-09 03:36 PM
    I think I used a trial version of that on my winmo phone. It's pretty nice, but there's a lot there that I don't need. I'm still just a student pilot so my needs are basic. I may end up paying for that if it's the only option. It's a lot cheaper than buying a completely separate electronic E6B.
    08-20-09 03:51 PM
    the one pasted by maizein is pretty good. even though as a student pilot you may not need all of it's features, it has everything you do need, and it's really the only decent one out there. it is what i use often. i've only got my private with inst. and multi., and fly only recreationally. having that on my bb really helps me get some of my planning done without having my entire flight bag with me. if i don't use that, i use the good old fashioned sliding/spinning flight computer.

try the trail at least and see if you like it. also, if you hop on google you can find a good weather app geared toward flight planning with winds aloft, cloud cover at altitudes, visibilities, pireps, and lots of other goodies. i can't remember the name of it for the life of me but that is also very handy to have.

good luck to you, fly safe.
    08-20-09 07:15 PM
    pilot mycast by garmin is what i was thinking of. Pilot My-Cast by Garmin : BlackBerry® : Handango
    well worth the $$
    08-21-09 12:07 PM
    Ugh, I hate subscription apps. I'd much rather pay one flat fee.
    08-21-09 01:40 PM
    For those looking for a E6B app i tried this one, love it! BlackBerry App World - WXSYS E6B Aviation - Flight Computer WXSYS E6B! does all the same things a regular E6B does.
    05-29-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD