I just had the link sent to my E-Mail address and was wondering if anyone had any success in backing up their contacts. It downloads all imfo to your memory card. This is suppose to be a newer beta version.
    05-04-10 02:35 PM
    I use it daily. Small memory footprint. Does what it promises quickly, without any problems.
    This version also backs up memos, tasks, calendar events and call logs. The email backup
    needs work, but hey, it's Beta.
    05-04-10 04:56 PM
    Previous version crashed on restore, this one is as good as gold.
    05-04-10 06:18 PM
    How is the restoration? I'm a bit reluctant to try it - the last version really needed work. At least this time, they disclose more of the limitations - such as email is text but not the header info, etc.
    05-04-10 07:11 PM
    I use it daily. Small memory footprint. Does what it promises quickly, without any problems.
    This version also backs up memos, tasks, calendar events and call logs. The email backup
    needs work, but hey, it's Beta.

Will it foul up my google sync? I use google sync for both contacts and calendar.
    05-04-10 07:54 PM
    It doesn't really mess anything up with GS, but you will get dups if you do a restore over on top. Be sure to do a wipe. I use GS for my Cal and Contacts so it's never been an issue of restoring or having backups of my info. If Google ever crashes...I'll have a back up ;0)
    05-04-10 08:31 PM
    It doesn't really mess anything up with GS, but you will get dups if you do a restore over on top. Be sure to do a wipe. I use GS for my Cal and Contacts so it's never been an issue of restoring or having backups of my info. If Google ever crashes...I'll have a back up ;0)
    Thanks Lefty
    05-04-10 08:41 PM
    To each their own:

I quit using their backup software as after a restore it caused issues with Google Sync. And I do have an use ActionPad, and it does exactly as described after an OS update. It is what it is, this is why I keep duplicates if not triplicates of important data in other places other than my phone. No software is 100%.
    06-24-10 01:11 PM
    The post regarding WorldDialer has been deleted as the poster made a thread
    dedicated to that issue and it has NO relevance whatsoever to this particular app.

Let's try maintaining the focus here.
    06-24-10 04:06 PM
    To each their own:

I quit using their backup software as after a restore it caused issues with Google Sync. And I do have an use ActionPad, and it does exactly as described after an OS update. It is what it is, this is why I keep duplicates if not triplicates of important data in other places other than my phone. No software is 100%.
    Good call Lefty! I also have redundant backups. Granted, I sync with Outlook not
    Google so the issues you have are not mine.
    06-24-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD