The reason I ask such a question is I have a university email account that for some reason cannot be added to BIS (I've been told its because the school has a BES, but they need to by a license for each person that uses it and they refuse to do it for students). I'm able to access the email through Outlook Web Access and even tried that option in BIS (it always complained the URL was bad). It would be nice to have a gmail type app that I could add the account to, so I can at least get my school email on my phone. Any ideas on an app or a possible solution for adding my email to BIS?

Thanks
    08-13-09 09:23 PM
    Can't you forward from your Outlook Web Access?
    08-13-09 09:42 PM
    Nope. For some reason forwarding from the school email is broken and has been for years.
    08-13-09 10:00 PM
    LogicMail might do what you want:
    LogicMail for BlackBerry
    08-13-09 10:06 PM
    Thanks for that link. Tried it out and it wont work either. Apparently I need an application that supports Exchange just like the iPhone does. That's the only phone (aside from a Windows Mobile phone) that works with my school's email. Any ideas?
    08-13-09 10:17 PM
    Is the school's statement correct? That because they have a BES no one can use any BIS to get their email?
    08-13-09 10:33 PM
    you could make a full time server running funambol and generate your own email push
    https://www.forge.funambol.org/DomainHome.html
    08-14-09 12:23 AM
    That seems like a bunch of work that actually may upset the IT department at my school.
    08-14-09 01:15 AM
    Desktop Redirector could be useful for you. It's part of the Desktop Manager "suite." It requires a PC running Outlook (the app, not web version) being on and online all the time, in order to forward email to your phone. Do some searching and check it out.
    08-14-09 11:34 AM
    I don't have a PC at the school that I could leave there and leave on and at the same time they block everything but OWA outside of their network so I can't do that from home either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:10 PM
    Get AstraSync. You need a app like that, which generates ActiveSync support. That would do the job. There is a free trial as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:15 PM
    Yea, I found AstraSync a few days ago.. but $50 for what is a "FREE" protocol? That's a bit absurd, especially when I only need it for three months. The best they could offer was a 10% discount for a student who only needed it for 3 months. I'll pass. How is that much cheaper than a LIFETIME BES license? $50/yr or $99/forever. What a ripoff.
    08-16-09 10:34 PM
    I feel like if you can access your email from owa, you should also be able to set it up via bis.
    08-17-09 04:33 PM
    Tried it every which way and even got some input from longtime users of BB and we couldn't get it to work. My school says since they have a BES that BIS will never work, regardless of what I try.
    08-17-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD