Say you are in the city and you park your car in a garage or on some street and you are not 100% sure you will know how to get back (just one basic example). Are there any apps out there, maybe in the app world I overlooked, where you can use the GPS of the phone to mark your point on a map, then when you are ready to return to your previous location, it will map the route for you?
    04-26-09 05:20 PM
    I dont think so.
    04-26-09 05:36 PM
    Say you are in the city and you park your car in a garage or on some street and you are not 100% sure you will know how to get back (just one basic example). Are there any apps out there, maybe in the app world I overlooked, where you can use the GPS of the phone to mark your point on a map, then when you are ready to return to your previous location, it will map the route for you?
    Cant u do this with google maps already?

just [press the blue dot, then click on the screen on your location, then it leaves a mark there right?
    04-26-09 05:37 PM
    04-26-09 05:40 PM
    Like kdjayo says - google maps will do it. Click blue circle to get current location then save as a favorite.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 06:34 PM
    Nice. Learned something new. Thanks to all.
    04-26-09 07:01 PM
    Search the forums for the app called SignalLoc.

It gets your exact poistion via GPS and has the option to display it using Google maps
    04-26-09 07:24 PM
    Telenav does this. I use it alot.
    04-26-09 07:57 PM
    Get free trial of VisionQuest CarFinder on GetJar. It tracks where you parked. They have versions for Storm and Bold
    05-03-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD