sorry guys for the noob question. but on my old phones, i had that vcast song id program to identify songs for me on the radio. just wondering if there was anything like that for the storm.
    12-22-08 11:50 PM
    I'm curious about the same thing....
    12-22-08 11:51 PM
    Stream radio off your phone and its already tagged.
    12-23-08 12:04 AM
    sorry dont really stream music from the storm, i need to conserve battery. anyone else?
    12-23-08 12:49 AM
    are you looking for something like shazam for the iphone?
    12-23-08 12:51 AM
    is shazam the app that identifies songs? if so, then yes.
    12-23-08 12:55 AM
    bump, anyone know?
    12-24-08 04:42 PM
    That was a Verizon program, so I'd look on their website...I'm not sure if they have it for the Storm yet or not.
    12-24-08 04:47 PM
    At the moment, no there isn't a program like that yet. There should be one soon, maybe when the app center goes online next year?
    12-24-08 05:08 PM
    yeah there definitely is one because I have it installed on my storm and its free. Its called nobex radio companion.
    12-24-08 05:25 PM
    the shazam is available for UK users i think. It was in another thread on here

EDIT: not an app i guess

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/2580.html
    12-24-08 05:37 PM
    yeah there definitely is one because I have it installed on my storm and its free. Its called nobex radio companion.
    Isn't Nobex a streaming radio app?
    12-24-08 05:39 PM
    I think Nobex is just to stream radio on the storm. My buddy downloaded it and we couldn't figure out how to get it to "listen" to music to identify a song. If you have this figured out, let us know what you did.

I'd love to see something like VZW has for dumb phones to identify songs. It was part of Get it Now I think (which isn't available on the Storm)
    12-24-08 05:43 PM
    nobex just tells you wat songs are on the radio nothing more...
    12-24-08 05:54 PM
    Yea I miss having the VZ Song ID.
    12-25-08 01:06 AM
    yeah that iphone commercial is cool as ****. i was like, man that is COOL when i saw it!

shazam has for iphone and for android.

as always we blackberry people not supported.

it seems like the way it is and going is;

Most 3rd party software to least

1. Iphone
    2. WinMo (maybe tied with iphone)
    3. Android
    4. Anything else
    5. Blackberry
    12-25-08 01:26 AM
    yeah that iphone commercial is cool as ****. i was like, man that is COOL when i saw it!

shazam has for iphone and for android.

as always we blackberry people not supported.

it seems like the way it is and going is;

Most 3rd party software to least

1. Iphone
    2. WinMo (maybe tied with iphone)
    3. Android
    4. Anything else
    5. Blackberry
    one thing you have to remember though is that up until the Storm, Blackberry was always considered an enterprise device, not necessarily something you'd just go out and buy. the storm changes that to a degree, and I think you're going to see a lot of these iphone apps show up on the blackberry platform over time.
    12-25-08 01:46 AM
    one thing you have to remember though is that up until the Storm, Blackberry was always considered an enterprise device, not necessarily something you'd just go out and buy. the storm changes that to a degree, and I think you're going to see a lot of these iphone apps show up on the blackberry platform over time.
    that is TRUE. and a very good point.

there are gonna be millions of storms worldwide very soon. which makes Blackberry a much more lucrative market now. odd, i thought java micro edition was like the easiest friendliest mobile platform to program for....
    12-25-08 01:49 AM
    First you can stream with nobex but not all stations just a few from each place
    Second there is a version of shazam that will "run" on the storm but its not made for it. Its in these forums somewhere but I had to look super hard to find it when I got it
    Third nobex shows u the playlist for a particular station so it should be helpful if all your doing is listening to the radio

Hope that info helps. Good luck with ur search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 11:43 PM
    good news! shazam is available for the Storm! here comes the but.....

BUT!!

its not storm compatible yet but it works just fine in compatibility mode.

you can head to the link below to get it.

BlackBerry - Featured Apps
    05-09-09 11:59 PM
    I had shazam on my curve and it did exactly what you want. I don't know if they have a storm version yet.
    05-10-09 11:31 PM
    I currently have shazam on my storm... and it works great. Be sure to allow all of the permissions that it requests for...

P.s. i just tried it out... on Fix You - cold play. it worked great.
    Last edited by nysstorm; 05-10-09 at 11:43 PM.
    05-10-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD