Hey guys. Just curious if there is any app that I'll will let me tether my blackberrys connection to my iPad. I know i can tether to my Mac with bluetooth and USB, but not the case here. Basically I need to make the blackberry into a wifi hotspot for the iPad to connect to. Any suggestions or is this possible at all yet? Ive been searching to no avail.

Thanks!
    04-04-10 06:30 PM
    Not possible...
    04-04-10 07:10 PM
    RIM wouldn't ever let such a useful app be made
    04-04-10 07:15 PM
    That would be pretty cool. I would consider getting an iPad if this is possible. Is it just me or does anyone think of feminine products when they hear iPad?
    04-04-10 07:26 PM
    That would be pretty cool. I would consider getting an iPad if this is possible. Is it just me or does anyone think of feminine products when they hear iPad?
    Yes!!!

04-04-10 07:47 PM
    RIM wouldn't ever let such a useful app be made
    RIM has nothing to do with it. Its actually more on Apple's side. Case in point, they are not going to let you tether your iPhone to an iPad, either. Engadget asked Steve Jobs and they got a simple, to-the-point "no."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 09:36 PM
    That'd be neat but there's no app for that.

04-04-10 09:48 PM
    Palm has an app thatll do it, nokia's can, im sure android can, and if you jailbreak the iPhone you can. Its just an API limitation. Every other phone can be turned into a wifi hot spot.
    04-04-10 09:59 PM
    Your best bet would be if someone writes a jailbroken app for the iPad that would let you tether via a bluetooth connection to the BlackBerry. (I'm still waiting for something similar for my iPod Touch)
    04-04-10 10:03 PM
    RIM has nothing to do with it. Its actually more on Apple's side. Case in point, they are not going to let you tether your iPhone to an iPad, either. Engadget asked Steve Jobs and they got a simple, to-the-point "no."

Way to read. RIM would never let an app that makes a BB a WiFi hotspot. What does that have to do with Apple? Thanks for playing though.
    04-04-10 10:42 PM
    Way to read. RIM would never let an app that makes a BB a WiFi hotspot. What does that have to do with Apple? Thanks for playing though.
    Well since you post like an arrogant d-bag, i'll reply like an arrogant d-bag.

He said iPad, and tether. Which are exactly what I posted about. I approached it from the iPad side. So **** off and go troll somewhere else.

P.S. Unlike Apple, RIM does not control what apps are allowed on your BB or not. App World came way after any third party BB apps. Thanks for playing though.
    Last edited by dLo GSR; 04-04-10 at 11:44 PM.
    04-04-10 11:38 PM
    flipping called it a week or two ago

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/i-...5/#post4918829

NO THERE NO APPLICATIONS TO MAKE APPLE AND BLACKBERRY WORK IN UNISON.....

04-05-10 08:30 AM
    I am typing this message on the ipad tethered using a Nexus one.
    Too bad BB can't behave as a hotspot...
    04-05-10 11:12 PM
    I am typing this message on the ipad tethered using a Nexus one.
    Too bad BB can't behave as a hotspot...
    Damnit!!!! Maybe I just need to get a MyFi and be done with it... Too bad I can't add it as a fifth line like you could do with the old data cards.
    04-06-10 12:53 PM
    Does anyone know if using a third-party product like Cradlepoint's PHS300 (which supports certain models of Blackberries) would work for iPad internet access via the BB?
    04-10-10 03:19 PM
    Does anyone know if using a third-party product like Cradlepoint's PHS300 (which supports certain models of Blackberries) would work for iPad internet access via the BB?
    I has a PHS300, works like a champ with my iTouch.

The problem is, do you pay $60+tax for a data card & plan, or just pay the $30 for the AT&T data plan for the iPad?
    04-10-10 07:53 PM
    Now why would you pay $60/month for a data card and plan if you already have a BB with a data plan? Just plug in your BB to the cradelpoint and go.
    04-11-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD