Hi,
    I'm very new to CrackBerry forum.
    As the recommendation of my friend who is a BlackBerry fan, I go to this site and wanna ask for you any Siri software for BlackBerry? My friend also told me that BlackBerry 10 is coming soon. I wonder that there will be any Siri on BlackBerry 10 yet?
    I and my husband will consider switch from iPhone to BlackBerry 10 if there is any Siri alternative.
    Thanks,
    02-23-12 09:55 PM
    Blackberry 10 is coming soon, but not real soon. It's going to be a great OS with lots of tightly integrated features. I've heard mention of speech recognition software to be available to allow an alternative method of interacting with the OS. Will it be Siri? No. Siri is a proprietary name for the combination of two third party services used by Apple. There is a Siri spoof app called Iris (Siri backwards) on Android. I think that Iris gets the job done better than Siri and is a similar approach to what RIM will take. My guess is that RIM's will be more like Iris than like Siri.

If you like Siri, then you're probably not in too much of a rush anyway since you already have iPhones. Enjoy them and check back after RIM announces BB10.
    02-23-12 10:10 PM
    Ok,
    Thanks,
    If BlackBerry 10 has it, it'll be great. But for the older devices: like 9900,... there is no alternative ? I'm going to buy a new 9900 if it has a Voice Recognition software for me to do stuffs and sometimes talk back to me.
    02-23-12 10:19 PM
    BB has dragon dictation for email. I know it's not siri but it's at least something.
    02-23-12 10:25 PM
    I use Vlingo. The voice recognition is accurate and fast. It's really nice for dictating emails and text messages. It will run a bunch of apps and do searches for you. But my favorite part is setting it to read incoming emails and/or text messages so I can listen to them while driving. If you're looking for a companion, it won't do it. If you're looking for something you can tell to do something and it does it, then you'll like it.
    02-23-12 11:12 PM
    Try SayIt...for the 9900.
    02-23-12 11:44 PM
    I use and like vlingo also. Works really good.
    02-24-12 12:23 AM
    AFAIK there is no "personal assistant" like Siri for BBs.
    02-24-12 12:25 AM
    I use Vlingo. The voice recognition is accurate and fast. It's really nice for dictating emails and text messages. It will run a bunch of apps and do searches for you. But my favorite part is setting it to read incoming emails and/or text messages so I can listen to them while driving. If you're looking for a companion, it won't do it. If you're looking for something you can tell to do something and it does it, then you'll like it.
    Just tried it, but it doesn't take back to me, it freeze my phone.
    02-24-12 01:35 AM
    Try SayIt...for the 9900.
    What is SayIT, any links?
    02-24-12 01:36 AM
    I used Siri on a friend's iphone....meh. Took four attempts to hear me, then missed the last two words and triggered a google search for what it had heard.

Even if it had been seamless, I'm struggling to see it as a must-have feature. If it's that important to OP, suggest she gets an iphone.
    02-24-12 02:05 AM
    Vlingo doesn't talk back to you. She will read your messages to you though. She just does what you tell her to. Don't know why it freezes your phone. I haven't noticed my phone freezing up. Try a reset after installion.
    02-24-12 02:07 AM
    I have the SayIt on my 9930 and it is fantastic! Use the search function on this site for comments on the app. As an example you will see something as simple as "I love you" said to Siri and there is no reply on IPhone. SayIt not only replies but makes you feel good about the answer. You won't be disappointed. I asked her to google marcus theaters in Omaha just this morning as I was deiving home from brakfast and she repeated my comment and the theater came up immediately.
    02-24-12 08:30 AM
    Oh. Yes, SayIt is great. Better playback voice than Siri. Will SayIt availabe for BB10?
    02-24-12 09:17 AM
    SayIt is nice. Will it available on BB10?
    02-24-12 09:17 AM
    I thought you said that you are on an iPhone now and are thinking about switching to BB10 when it's available. What phone did you try Vlngo on? It doesn't talk back but it reads your messages to you if you set it to do so.
    02-24-12 11:30 AM
    I thought you said that you are on an iPhone now and are thinking about switching to BB10 when it's available. What phone did you try Vlngo on? It doesn't talk back but it reads your messages to you if you set it to do so.
    But I just bought a 9900 for my son yesterday.
    02-24-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD