here's my dilemma:
    i want to use my bb calendar & have it sync w/ google calendar, BUT i don't want to have an added gmail account on here. i use the gmail app to access my gmail, since i receive quite a few long emails (which i can't view all of if i use the integrated email option)

is there any app or any way possible to have my calendar sync with google calender but w/o adding a gmail account (doesn't make sense to get it in 2 places on the phone)
    06-22-10 07:57 AM
    You can setup a gmail account through BIS. Then delete the gmail cmime and leave the cical.

That way you'll have the google calendar created, but have removed the email servicebook.

Not sure if the googlesync app lets you choose which calendar on the BB you can use?
    06-22-10 08:34 AM
    thx for the reply.

ya, i actually thought the cmime would be recreated each time i reboot the device or something
    i'll give that a try though..
    06-22-10 08:37 AM
    thx for the reply.

ya, i actually thought the cmime would be recreated each time i reboot the device or something
    i'll give that a try though..
    It doesnt for me. If I reregister then all the deleted servicebooks come back. But Ive done a bunch of battery pulls and havent had deleted servicebooks recreated.

But its always worth a try.
    06-22-10 08:40 AM
    I think you're making a huge mistake by using the gmail app rather than the BIS email service.

-no html emails
    -wastes more battery by polling every 20 minutes
    06-22-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD