I've been searching around trying to see if there's such a thing as an antivirus program for the 8900.. Or any blackberry in general, and also if there is an app where you can type an sms and get it sent at a specific future time.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 11:19 PM
    i dont think there are any known Blackberry virus's. RIM is known for making very secure software. as for your SMS question, you can always type it out, save it as a draft and send at that time.
    06-17-09 11:36 PM
    Yeah... I thought so too, but almost every mobile platform has some sort of software, I was curious about blackberries!
    Well, that's the thing. I would forget, especially if I'm sending a text overseas, I would have to wake up early in the AM just to send a message .. I think an sms scheduler app would be a great idea!

06-17-09 11:42 PM
    well i think the virus writing market is generally geared for Symbian Series 60 Nokias. they get nailed alot, especially through bluetooth. i was walking in the city one day when someone tried to BT me a S60 virus from a nokia phone. too bad my trusty Nokia 6131 was not Symbian. my phone couldnt read the file type.
    06-18-09 01:15 AM
    Yeah, I suffered from the same experience .. Especially if I'm at a food court in a mall or something, my phone used to get bombarded with incoming connections ... So you're telling me I don't have to worry about any virus vulnerability on my 8900?

06-18-09 09:33 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry but was sending some pictures from my device using email and three of the files had viruses detected on them. Has anyone else found virus infected files on their BB? I just deleted the files but is it possible to run a scan? I would really appreciate any info on antivirus for BB as well...
    06-27-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD