Is there any trusted anti-virus software I can download directly to my 8330?
    09-08-10 12:20 AM
    There are no BlackBerry viruses. I wouldn't trust any app that claimed to protect against non-existent threats.
    09-08-10 06:33 AM
    I agree with the above, but there is an app called Kisses that will, according to the developer:
    Kisses detects and reveals hidden programs and processes. It also detects and removes well known spyware like FlexiSpy, Mobile Spy and PhoneSnoop. Additionally, you can list all running processes on your handheld and drill down on each process to get further information on it.
    You can get it free at appworld.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 09-08-10 at 11:32 AM.
    09-08-10 09:51 AM
    You can get "Lookout", and its FREE!
    09-08-10 11:11 AM
    Yea, lookout and blackberry app world has another one that is pretty cool. They have automatic backup options and phone finder if you loose your phone some place, however, I've never even heard of a blackberry virus and to be honest not even spyware.

I download and install tons of apps just to check them out and I have yet to install a problem and allot of my apps come from sites that are filled with threats.

Save yourself storage space and money and trust that your phone is safe without it.

Just my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 12:11 PM
    I also use "Lookout" http://www.mylookout.com. Aside from protecting against viruses (which I'm pretty sure there aren't any, but with more and more free apps, the possibility IS there). It also has remote wipe, remote backup of contacts and pictures, and a "Find Me" feature that can make the phone scream even if set to vibrate only, as well as e-mail you it's location. Oh yea, did we mention that it's free?
    09-08-10 06:56 PM
    LookOut does not work! It has diagnosed several apps that I have as viruses, and they are definitely not viruses, so it is pretty useless.
    09-09-10 01:11 PM
    I don't utilize Lookout for virus protection, but as Rasttam mentioned, it has very useful features.
    09-09-10 09:18 PM
    If there were indeed viruses that infected blackberrys you can bet your life there would be more threads on this than there are on OS6.
    09-10-10 12:47 AM
    The LookOut "find me" feature didn't work for me either.
    09-10-10 11:09 AM
    Installing antivirus software on a BlackBerry is like buying antifreeze for a 1965 Volkswagen Beetle.
    09-10-10 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD