Anybody interested in another free weather app? I started working on one a few months ago and never got around to finishing it...mostly due to the fact that several other apps already give weather info, but if people are interested I'll finish it up. Right now it pulls the current + 3 day forecast & regional weather radar info. A screenshot is at The Weather (Infinityball)
    04-14-10 01:50 PM
    It's all about options, my friend. If you're willing to take on the responsibility of keeping it up to date, then by all mean - finish your work!

04-14-10 07:11 PM
    yeah dude....we all love options!! GIT-R-DUUUNNN!!!
    04-14-10 07:23 PM
    agreed with options
    04-15-10 01:00 PM
    You can download an early build at http://infinityball.s3.amazonaws.com...TheWeather.jad I'm still playing around the layout and some other options, so depending on when you download the app it may not have everything enabled.
    04-16-10 10:35 AM
    I can't imagine that we would need yet another weather app, but, by all means, please continue. Just be prepared to get beat up by angry users wanting to know why it's not updating.
    04-16-10 12:33 PM
    If anybody has any suggestions for UI and features just let me know. It is based off of my Arr! SS feed reader, so it's somewhat constrained by that but I can pretty much render any HTML for each cities' current weather and forecast (currently one lets you pull data for one city though).
    04-16-10 01:25 PM
    continue devollopement... But BerryWeather is hard to beat!
    04-16-10 01:27 PM
    I for one would look at it for sure. I use the weather network app every day but can't say I am a die hard fan of it.
    04-16-10 02:22 PM
    What is the weather source?
    04-16-10 04:29 PM
    What is the weather source?
    I have parsers for accuweather and yahoo weather (who uses weather channel), but current the app is set to only use yahoo since it seems to be a little more reliable.
    04-16-10 05:09 PM
    I have parsers for accuweather and yahoo weather (who uses weather channel), but current the app is set to only use yahoo since it seems to be a little more reliable.
    Thanks--I prefer The Weather Channel too.
    04-16-10 10:11 PM
    If anybody has any suggestions for UI and features just let me know. It is based off of my Arr! SS feed reader, so it's somewhat constrained by that but I can pretty much render any HTML for each cities' current weather and forecast (currently one lets you pull data for one city though).
    Thanks for asking. Additional locations would be good, and a display of the observation time on the conditions/forecast screen. The sunrise and sunset times appear in a narrow column down the right side of my screen. For example, the "e:" in "Sunrise:" wraps to the next line. This is on a Curve 2, 8530, OS 5.0.0.508.
    04-17-10 11:51 AM
    I posted another version, allows for more cities and fixed a host of other minor problems. Working on the background updates and layout now...
    04-20-10 03:40 PM
    im interested in this..
    04-20-10 05:45 PM
    Looking better. :-) When I add more than one location, the display gets messy. It's the right most column with the sunrise and sunset information--it does that wrapping thing in the additional locations. Also, the new locations are inserted above the previous locations and I can't see the header in the top location. It would also be good to have a option to order the locations. Thanks.
    04-20-10 06:05 PM
    Looking better. :-) When I add more than one location, the display gets messy. It's the right most column with the sunrise and sunset information--it does that wrapping thing in the additional locations. Also, the new locations are inserted above the previous locations and I can't see the header in the top location. It would also be good to have a option to order the locations. Thanks.
    They are in alphabetic order, in the next build I made it so the home city always appears at the top of the screen. I am going to redo the layout also so it looks good on all displays so the wrapping doesn't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 08:31 AM
    What OS is the weather app for? Any operating systems ? I'm on 4.5.0.138 OS . Does your app have radar? Is the latest build on your posted link ?

I am not doing a 4.5 build right now. Once I get it stable and working on 4.7 I will make a 4.5 one. Also I removed the radar imagery for now, but I should have it back in soon.

04-21-10 08:33 AM
    They are in alphabetic order, in the next build I made it so the home city always appears at the top of the screen...
    Makes sense. Alphabetical order is fine as long as the home location is first in the list. I like simple, uncluttered, functional apps--looks like this could be one.

04-21-10 02:26 PM
    I think I have most of the issues with the background updates worked out in the latest build, however RIM kind of screwed me when I installed the 5.0 SDK and it broke my existing 4.5/4.7 environments so the app will only work on 5.0 device right now.
    04-29-10 08:55 AM
    from were do you download this weather app?
    04-29-10 09:27 AM
    I think I have most of the issues with the background updates worked out in the latest build, however RIM kind of screwed me when I installed the 5.0 SDK and it broke my existing 4.5/4.7 environments so the app will only work on 5.0 device right now.
    Have you provided (or will you provide) a startup option? I noticed it starts automatically when I reset the device. I prefer having the option to stop that from happening. Thanks.
    04-29-10 04:17 PM
    Bring it on. I'm a weather junkie. Can't have too many weather apps. Just be prepared to be slammed by Noobs saying that the temperature is one degree off from the thermometer sitting on their back deck, in the full sun. And then saying that your app SUCKS. LOL.

I do like having a radar option. That is the best feature on BW.
    04-29-10 04:40 PM
    I cleaned up the options screen and added an option to enable/disable automatic updates (it's off by default). I also made some changes to the connection settings where the app will auto-detect the best method for getting to the Internet....not sure how well that'll work.
    04-30-10 09:59 AM
    Does it work over wifi only? I'm not gettin updates at all. Overall nice interface, I'd really love to see this app completed.

05-07-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD