Well here I am another victim of Crackutil. In my vein attempt to remove an icon from my applications screen using Crackutil, it did something to my blackberry affecting the mobile network setting under options. There you can select Data Services on/off, Network Selection Mode automatic/home only, Network Technology 1XEV/ global/GSM UMTS.. Then after selection you should be able to hit the menu button and hit save. The problem is there is no save option. And I'm pretty sure there was one before. How can I fix this stupid mistake I created?
    01-15-10 03:09 PM
    Nope - you are fine. I am running the offical OS and no modification like you have tried. When I change an option here, there is no save. It just does it.
    01-15-10 03:16 PM
    Sounds good except I prefer the setting to always be 1XEV. When I reboot the phone it reverts back to Global almost as if it didn't save it.
    Any fix for this?
    01-15-10 03:36 PM
    This happens to me as well. NOt all the time though. I think it might have something the question about detection of SIM card, I said yes so in order for the device to do this, the network technology setting must be set to global.

I just remeber to check when I have have reset the device.
    01-15-10 04:43 PM
    I'm on a CDMA network and I've never had this problem after re-booting. It's always listed as 1XEV on my home screen.

BUT I've never used Crackutil and I obviously don't have a SIM card.
    01-15-10 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD