After searching and reading a bunch of loose threads with sometimes contradicting information.....I've decided to start a thread....please excuse this if it's already been asked but I'm very confused. What is the consensus on the best way to handle gmail with blackberries in general? Is it through the gmail app? The Gmail enhanced plugin RIM provides? Having gmail forward the mail to another email address your blackberry is configured with? I'm very confused because I'm moving from a 8830 to a 9650 and I would of thought things would of been better thought out by now (4 year time) with gmail...but I still see that 2 way sync is still a problem amongst other issues....if anyone has any suggestions in how I should handle gmail on my new BB, I'd appreciate it...

P.S. on my 8830, I just foward the email under gmail settings (web) to an address my blackberry is configured with since nothing else was working properly at the time.
    06-16-10 04:07 PM
    I would love to hear this too! I currently just have gmail as one email among a bunch, and find it annoying that every time I send an email from my desktop it shows up on my Storm.
    06-16-10 04:35 PM
    As you have stated there are a few options to handle this. Personally I prefer the enhanced gmail plug in, since this threads messages in the same email chain, much like the web version will do for you. Since I tend to get a lot of emails, this helps big time keep them from cluttering and becoming hard to read the whole chain of replies.

You can forward them, though it makes no sense unless you really only want one email addy on the device.

There is a gmail application, which allows for slightly better organization when it comes to like labels and such, many use that just to move the emails around after the fact, since it doesn't do push its hard to stay real time with that application.

Hope this helps in the question that you have. Feel free to let me know if I didn't cover any areas or you have any other questions!
    06-16-10 04:39 PM
    I would love to hear this too! I currently just have gmail as one email among a bunch, and find it annoying that every time I send an email from my desktop it shows up on my Storm.
    Take a look at this thread to end that issue - (http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/)
    06-16-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD