Since last Thursday before the Facebook 1.5 release, I have not been receiving notifications to my facebook app! I thought the new update would solve this, but no joy. I'm not getting any photo tags, wall posts, messages, comments or anything. But I am getting them through the normal Facebook site.

I have checked that my notifications with my main fb profile are all on and they are. I have checked my email server too and I am all connected.

This is really getting on my nerves and I was wondering if anyone who actually knows what they are talking about could help my out with this issue please?

Thanks
    04-22-09 08:05 PM
    Since last Thursday before the Facebook 1.5 release, I have not been receiving notifications to my facebook app! I thought the new update would solve this, but no joy. I'm not getting any photo tags, wall posts, messages, comments or anything. But I am getting them through the normal Facebook site.

I have checked that my notifications with my main fb profile are all on and they are. I have checked my email server too and I am all connected.

This is really getting on my nerves and I was wondering if anyone who actually knows what they are talking about could help my out with this issue please?

Thanks
    i had a similar issue...for whatever reason, since i got the storm, i don't get all my email from my school account and the ones i get, there is usually significant lag (so as you can imagine i'd only get the occasional FB alert). i never had that problem with my school account on my 8830. with my personal accounts on yahoo, i get them within seconds so i just switched my contact email to go to my yahoo address and now i get all my FB alerts
    04-22-09 08:56 PM
    ^^^ +1

Make sure that the email address you use for Facebook is also installed on your phone.
    04-22-09 08:58 PM
    ^^^ +1

Make sure that the email address you use for Facebook is also installed on your phone.
    Yeah I've done that. So why has it just stopped for no reason???
    04-22-09 09:12 PM
    I just started having the same fricking problem, I have looked everywhere to try to find a solution. I finakky just gave up and deleted FB. If anyone knows how to fix this please reply.
    04-22-09 09:50 PM
    My wife has a similar problem with her 8130 I think it may be linked to the problem that she isn't receiving emails from 2 of 3 accounts she has setup. One of the accounts she isn't receiving email for is her FB email.

HMMM
    04-22-09 09:56 PM
    My wife has a similar problem with her 8130 I think it may be linked to the problem that she isn't receiving emails from 2 of 3 accounts she has setup. One of the accounts she isn't receiving email for is her FB email.

HMMM
    That is why she is not getting FB notifications.

As for the others, I'm at a loss. I am not sure why you're not getting them. I'll keep thinking...
    04-22-09 10:33 PM
    This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

Go into the app. Press the BB/Menu button. Click on Options.

Does it show that you are logged in to the app?
    04-22-09 10:39 PM
    This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway...

Go into the app. Press the BB/Menu button. Click on Options.

Does it show that you are logged in to the app?
    Yep! Sure does. I get a couple 3rd party app notifications. But none that I mentioned in my first post
    04-22-09 10:49 PM
    well i had the same problem then i realized that i went onto my email the other day and marked the messages as spam on my email folder on my computer, and when the actual notification emails got marked as spam it didnt send to my phone and to my facebook app, so if you marked the facebook emails as spam, that could be it
    04-23-09 02:32 AM
    well i had the same problem then i realized that i went onto my email the other day and marked the messages as spam on my email folder on my computer, and when the actual notification emails got marked as spam it didnt send to my phone and to my facebook app, so if you marked the facebook emails as spam, that could be it
    I seriously thought you were on to something here as I checked there was one fb notification in my junk folder the day before everything went pear shaped. But on checking the addresses that fb use (one is notification+mwmsmwwn@facebookmail.com and the other is wallmaster+mwmsmwwn@facebookmail.com) they are both in my safe directory.

So it appears that these notifications are not actually coming through to my email server.

Any more suggestions please??? We're getting warmer!!!
    04-23-09 05:35 AM
    sifusteve.

I've got to thank you bud!!! After doing some more digging around I must have done exactly what happened to you! There was one more fb address that ws not in my safe message list. I've added that now and I'm receiving notifications again! Your jedi mastery skills are there mate!!! Thanks again

And thanks to everyone else who had a think and put their input in for me. It was much appreciated!!
    04-23-09 07:37 AM
    i have all my facebook notifications go to my BIS email account (vzw.blackberry.net) and it's worked perfectly for me since they had facebook for bb across 2 devices.
    04-23-09 11:10 AM
    This may help ..I had the same issue and after reading all the post didnt come up with a solution but a light went off in my head. I had my facebook messages going to my spam email inbox once i switched it back to my regular inbox i started getting notifications again....Hope this helps
    04-10-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD