Instaed of starting a new thread, figured I revive this one. I don't use touchscreens much, just my ASUS EeeTop. So, what I hear about touchscreen phones and have seen on the Tab commercial is Swype. Dunno that I'd be into using it, but... Will it comes to the PlayBook?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 01:06 PM
    Instaed of starting a new thread, figured I revive this one. I don't use touchscreens much, just my ASUS EeeTop. So, what I hear about touchscreen phones and have seen on the Tab commercial is Swype. Dunno that I'd be into using it, but... Will it comes to the PlayBook?

I wouldn't hold my breath, it's in beta on Android only at this point.

02-13-11 01:28 PM

i know it's Wikipedia, but still:

Swype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The software's manufacturer, Swype, Inc. is planning on marketing the software to other mobile device manufacturers and expects a widespread adoption of the software among touch-based mobile devices."
    02-13-11 01:41 PM
    it actually comes standard now on some androids and they are wanting to sell to become part of an OEM. there are many swype type keyboards on the market for android so maybe one will become available on the PB too. I use ultra keyboard and its really nice with tons of customization
    02-13-11 02:03 PM
    just figured this may be the right place to put this, we`re working on getting some apps for the playbook developed, so far we have 3 apps in progress
    02-17-11 04:56 AM
    Who's developing what?

ETA:Oh wait you're talking about BBThemes LOL Coffee time
    Last edited by Daps; 02-17-11 at 07:45 AM.
    02-17-11 07:31 AM
    just figured this may be the right place to put this, we`re working on getting some apps for the playbook developed, so far we have 3 apps in progress
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A THEME TO MAKE THE PLAYBOOK LOOK LIKE AN IPAD OR GALAXY TAB OR XOOM.

And no FART apps!!!!!!!!
    02-17-11 07:43 AM
    I was under the impression there is no theme lab for the Playbook and RIM would only consider it if the demand for it was high.

Saying that I bet you could make some **** hot themes for QNX.

02-17-11 07:51 AM
    I was under the impression there is no theme lab for the Playbook and RIM would only consider it if the demand for it was high.

Saying that I bet you could make some **** hot themes for QNX.

your right, there isnt a theme builder, hence we are building apps, and from the people iv spoken to (including people at RIM) everyone thinks they are good ideas.

@daps, ah i dont like coffee

@dkingsf no, definitley no fart apps here, real apps with real world uses, thats the name of the game
    02-17-11 08:01 AM

@dkingsf no, definitley no fart apps here, real apps with real world uses, thats the name of the game
    thank you thank you thank you!
    02-17-11 08:24 AM
    I wouldn't mind seeing an iPad/Xoom/GTab theme for the Playbook
    02-17-11 02:56 PM
    I wouldn't mind seeing an iPad/Xoom/GTab theme for the Playbook
    you mean ipad(really widened ipod touch) OS look
    02-17-11 03:05 PM
    to add, working on 1 or 2 games too, we`re gonna bring it for the playbook, addiction will be guaranteed
    02-17-11 08:59 PM
    A good cdbr/cbz comic reader app would be great.
    02-18-11 02:34 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD