Great update and all but i feel not enough to charge 1.99. I think ive spent 20 bucks total on this one app counting the selling price plus update fees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 04:40 AM
    From where did you purchase this app?

This should not be the case. You definitely have something wrong with your account wherever it's from.

Actually, I'll assume you bought from App World since you're calling it BeBuzz. Its real name is BerryBuzz, but App World doesn't allow the word "berry" in app titles hence the alias.

Go to the app's listing in App World, scroll to the bottom, and click Contact Developer. Email the dev, Bellshare, and explain the situation.
    As much as you can, provide dates & version numbers involved.
    02-28-11 05:08 AM
    They've killed support for an app I paid for (BePopup), reworked it's functionality into another app I've already paid for (BerryBuzz) and want to charge me for it? No thanks. There will probably be a lot of "if you don't like it don't upgrade posts" in response to this but this is really a **** move, isn't it? I own every BellShare app that works on my device and I don't think I'll ever buy something from them again.
    Last edited by Zed Leppelin; 02-28-11 at 05:11 AM.
    02-28-11 05:09 AM
    Yeah sorry for doubting you, OP. I just got the update email from the CB Superstore / Mobihand.

So:
    1. The app is permanently known as BeBuzz now; and
    2. There is a $1.99 charge to upgrade from 3.X to the new 4.X, but no charge if you only first purchased it in 2011.

I hate these kinds of tactics.
    02-28-11 05:26 AM
    From where did you purchase this app?

This should not be the case. You definitely have something wrong with your account wherever it's from.

Actually, I'll assume you bought from App World since you're calling it BeBuzz. Its real name is BerryBuzz, but App World doesn't allow the word "berry" in app titles hence the alias.

Go to the app's listing in App World, scroll to the bottom, and click Contact Developer. Email the dev, Bellshare, and explain the situation.
    As much as you can, provide dates & version numbers involved.
    No they've officially changed it to BeBuzz even if you've purchased through Mobihand. And it is a 1.99 upgrade since its from version 3 to 4, with some new features (pulse, toast notifications, new UI, etc).
    02-28-11 05:30 AM
    I just upgraded for FREE, can anyone please tell me about the change log to the new version?

Thank you

(This update is $1.99 for current users of BerryBuzz 3.x. If you purchased BerryBuzz 3.x after Jan 1st, 2011 you are eligible for a free upgrade.)

Great support
    02-28-11 05:59 AM
    the changelog shouldhave been in the email you received:

Developer Message:

- Changed name: BerryBuzz is now BeBuzz!
    - Toasts - Shows small unobtrusive messages at the bottom or top of the screen for notifications and incoming messages
    - BlackBerry Sound Profile Settings - Enable/disable LED, audible reminders, vibrate and toasts depending on your active BlackBerry sound profile
    - Custom Disco Colors - Now you can finally create your own disco colors! Share them via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook.
    - New Flashing Type "Smooth Pulse" - In addition to the regular LED flashing BeBuzz 4 adds the option to use a smooth pulsing LED light
    - Completely Reworked User Interface - Sleeker, cleaner and more powerful
    - More bug fixes, many minor changes and improvements

(This update is $1.99 for current users of BerryBuzz 3.x. If you purchased BerryBuzz 3.x after Jan 1st, 2011 you are eligible for a free upgrade.)
    02-28-11 06:03 AM
    unfortunately the toast for BBM doesn't give the name of the person bbm-ing you (just says "blackberry messenger").
    02-28-11 06:05 AM
    You're right, I didn't read the email in fully.

Thanks alot!
    I am happy for thie free upgrade :O)
    02-28-11 06:08 AM
    I like the Bebuzz app, but can't justify paying for the upgrade to v4.0.48 especially since I just purchased two licenses on Oct. 21, 2010. I will continue to use 3.2.18 as it continues to function well.
    02-28-11 06:57 AM
    I'm using the old version too...
    02-28-11 07:02 AM
    So with these new Toasts, do we need BerryPopUp at all? I use LeaveItOn for most of my notifications but it doesn't do BerryWeather for obvious reasons.
    02-28-11 07:07 AM
    What are Toasts?

I am at work and am unable to use my phone for another 2 hours

Please educate me
    02-28-11 07:22 AM
    Sticking with 3.x for now as well.
    02-28-11 07:29 AM
    What are Toasts?

I am at work and am unable to use my phone for another 2 hours

Please educate me
    They're just the little notifications that come up when you get a message; similar to BerryPopup. You can pick the few people who you want notifications for or for all of, say, your BBM contacts. Unfortunately it doesn't bring up the contact's name or message with BBM though. Hope that gets sorted out
    02-28-11 07:30 AM
    Yeah, I got the email notification of the upgrade fee as well, and was disheartened by the fact that I have to pay the upgrade fee. I contacted support via email regarding that. I, too, paid a couple upgrade fees in the past, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

02-28-11 07:41 AM
    I'm also sticking with 3.x. I'm sick of these minor improvements, each with a new version number that requires an additional payment. BerryBuzz, or should I say, BeBuzz, is the worst culprit in my experience. If enough of us object to it, perhaps they will get the message...
    02-28-11 07:41 AM
    I'm in no rush to fork out $2 for another update.
    Lyls and tjioer like this.
    02-28-11 07:58 AM
    Does anyone know if toasts are supposed to show the contact name and a preview of the message, or is it just supposed to pop up and say what kind of message it is?

02-28-11 08:00 AM
    Does anyone know if toasts are supposed to show the contact name and a preview of the message, or is it just supposed to pop up and say what kind of message it is?

The contact name and preview come up in the Toasts with integrated SMS and CrunchSMS. I've only had it say the kind of message for BBMs up to now.
    02-28-11 08:08 AM
    Got my copy in late December of last year. So an application that is only 2 months old and I'm required to fork over more money for an upgrade? Somehow I just don't see the good business sense in that.
    02-28-11 08:10 AM
    The contact name and preview come up in the Toasts with integrated SMS and CrunchSMS. I've only had it say the kind of message for BBMs up to now.
    That's weird, for me it only shows "SMS" unless I add the contact in bebuzz, then it will show me "SMS" and their number. Hopefully I can figure out how to get it to show the message.

02-28-11 08:12 AM
    Facebook notifications also only say "Facebook"

It has a new breathing light type led.. very cool.

sure, upgrade fees suck. but this is one of the best apps out there. i don't mind supporting it since it'll be something i'll always use.
    02-28-11 08:20 AM
    IMO, Bebuzz is the one of the great program and its a must on every single blackberry, believe me, I am the person who desnt want to pay, but I think about for now only 2 bucks, not 20 bucks. I spent approx 2 bucks for a coffee per day (sometimes even more if I go to starbuck). So just cut down one day coffee and exchange for a better program. I don't see any reason why.

For someone who said paying 20 bucks in upgrade is totally BS. The Bebuzz charge 5.99 and the upgrade fee is 1.99. If I remembered there's only one upgrade in the past (2.x to 3.x). Even include from 1.x to 2.x to 3.x still doesn't come up to $20

02-28-11 08:25 AM
    Got my copy in late December of last year. So an application that is only 2 months old and I'm required to fork over more money for an upgrade? Somehow I just don't see the good business sense in that.
    I don't see where you are "REQUIRED" to do anything!
    You are not "required" to upgrade if you are happy with the app the way it is
    But you can "choose" to upgrade if you want the newest features!
    02-28-11 08:34 AM
150 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD