K - What is an Idle Alert? Sometimes my BB will blink Blue - according to the default colors in BBAlerts it is an Idle Alert.

Also, where can i find the manual for this app? I bought it but no pdf user manual. It does so much I'm confused.

I did Search the forms but there's so many BBAlert posts that i couldn't find what I was looking for.

thanks to any/all that can help me.
    02-20-09 10:41 AM
    hi-well as far as i no, wen the led light blinks blue, it means you connected with blue tooth. as far as a manual for bb, too much, would never in million yrs fit in the box, i would suggest going to blackberry.com and look up your model phone for the online manual for the 8330-with or w/o media, and wat os your using as well. i can also suggest investing $30 and purchasing a book called "blackberry 8800 & 8300 curve made simple" you can find it here or on amazon.com good luck!
    02-20-09 10:49 AM
    thanks for the reply Shellie, but i don't think you understand what I am asking.

The application I bought - BB Alerts is a pgm that will flash the LED a bunch of different colors based on a number of defined events (e-mail, sms, vmail, etc...)

When BBAlerts flashes the LED BLUE - it is defined as an IDLE Alert. I would just like to know what is an Idle Alert?

And the manual I need is not for the 8330 it's for BBAlerts.

Without BBAlerts, you are correct that the LED will flash Blue when communicating over BlueTooth.
    02-20-09 11:00 AM
    ah-ha! yea im still learning too....ok sorry! i would think that and "idle alert" is exactly wat is says, wen your phone is in "idle" state, it flashes blue. at least thats wat i would l think.
    02-20-09 11:05 AM
    Yes that is what is sounds like. But it doesn't seem right that I would have to be notified if my phone is not doing anything?
    02-20-09 11:07 AM
    well this is a horse of a diff color, but going back 7 yrs or so, i had an lg phone and one of the features was wen the phone was on standby, the led would flash. makes no sense either & wasted the batt so i shut it off. lol
    02-20-09 11:14 AM
    Well i have the idle alert set in the options to the coverage indicator...which flashes green to let me know that i have reception etc.
    You can set it to off if you like but i guess idle alert is just an alert that lets you know the phone is idle...does it still flash when you are using the phone??. If so its doing what it says on the tin so to speak.
    02-20-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD