I have this annoying weather icon actually 2 of them that pop up every 3 hours even if I delete the channels. When I click them they say powered by accuweather but I can't find the accuweather app to delete it. When I delete the icons they come back...they wouldn't be so annoying if they displayed the right weather they are set to dallas and madrid...its the wierdest thing and I can't change the default locations...m- never fownloaded any weather apps they just showed up

Helpppp

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 06:49 PM
    You have to find the application icon on your phone's desktop (it might be hidden), and open it, then go to the options and change to turn off.

Then go to setup>options>advanced options>applications>(determine if the application exists) and >menu>edit permissions
    02-12-09 07:09 PM
    u need to unsubscribe from the RIM push services page
    if u have weather setup icon on your bb, u can do it from there

after that, delete the browser channel

to wrap it all up, battery pull
    02-12-09 08:48 PM
    Ok I will try but I don't exactly know how to unsubscribe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:04 PM
    do you see a weather setup icon on your device?
    click on it and it will show u the push services you subscribed

if not, go back to the webpage you first went to subscribed. i think u can unsubscribe from there
    02-12-09 09:44 PM
    u need to unsubscribe from the RIM push services page
    if u have weather setup icon on your bb, u can do it from there

after that, delete the browser channel

to wrap it all up, battery pull
    I kind of have the same problem but opposite - subscribed to push, but it (the icon) never came up. I'm on BBWeather now.

Could you clarify on "unsubscribing"? Are we supposed to disable push altogether and then delete the channel? Or is there supposed to be something that says to unsubscribe from AccuWeather specifically? TIA.
    02-12-09 09:44 PM
    elocin - i think our posts crossed
    anyway, you can go to the mobile.blackberry.com on your blackberry

Applications>News and Weather>Weather Push
    02-12-09 09:50 PM
    Thanks a lot for the super quick response
    02-12-09 09:53 PM
    You know what? The only thing I see is a link to get AccuWeather. How odd.

I know it's on my phone as I'm subscribed to the channel, I just don't see anything. It doesn't bother me too much since I can't see it and everything. More of a I want to make sure I'm deleting it cleanly (cleanly deleting it? they both sound weird). No sense in wasting memory I'm never gonna see, right?
    02-12-09 10:05 PM
    might be that u weren't subscribed in the first place
    i see the 'subscribe' link only when i am not subscribed to it

once i subscribed, i see the "edit" and "delete" options
    02-12-09 10:14 PM
    ooh how weird.. so how come i have the channel in my bookmarks then?
    02-12-09 10:29 PM
    OH I GOT IT!

I'm so genius (haha, cause it means something when you tell yourself that, right?).

Ok, go into the channel as though you're checking the weather (from bookmarks) - it'll open up the browser and bring the page up. From there, on the bottom right corner, there is a link that says "unsubscribe." Click on it, and it'll prompt you "are you sure you want to unsubscribe." Click yes.

Done!

P.S. Oh, and duh - delete the channel. Now you're done.
    Last edited by elocin.j; 02-12-09 at 10:34 PM.
    02-12-09 10:32 PM
    nice! one step closer to conquering the world elocin!
    02-13-09 12:42 AM
    Thanks I did the same, i just find it dumb that i had to go through that process and i never even downloaded anything weather.... stupid phone ...it;s going into standby for the rest of the night for that one
    02-13-09 01:08 AM
    Thanks I did the same, i just find it dumb that i had to go through that process and i never even downloaded anything weather.... stupid phone ...it;s going into standby for the rest of the night for that one
    Blaphemy!!

I'd never put my baby in time out! *cuddles my BOLD*

Well.. Unless I'm sleeping or something - you know, while not conscious? Anyway, glad I could help.
    02-13-09 01:39 AM
    lol thanks for the laugh..i find forums the best place for a quick smile..i even showed my wife that comment
    02-13-09 03:58 PM
    I'm a super smiley person myself, so I'm glad someone else got a smile out of it.

Cause yanno, smiling by yourself usually = crazy.
    02-13-09 05:01 PM
    I'll admit, I got a chuckle out of reading this thread.

I still prefer WeatherBug over Accuweather anyway...
    02-13-09 05:06 PM
    Actually, I should've mentioned earlier - that same night I posted that I was on BBWeather? Yea, I deleted that and am currently on WeatherEye. I don't know if you're looking for a weather app, or to just get rid of the AccuWeather thing - but just in case, now you know.
    02-14-09 07:13 PM
    my problem is opposite of yours

hi, i just upgraded to 237
    and everything works well excepts that my weather pusr services not working!

when i press the "weather setup" it brings me to the page where i can choose to hit "i agree" or "not" so i hit "i agree" and it bring me to page that have weather channel and the weather network to add the city
    when i hit the add tab it says an error occurred, please try again later, i've tried several times and all the time it gave me the same error.

previously it works ok on my 216. i even tried to downgrade to 216 and it still giving me the same error.
    please help as i really need this weather push srvices. i know there's othe 3rd party programs for this, but i preffer this one as the icons really blends in with the bold's theme.

thank you very much, your help is very appreciated.

and pardon me for my bad english.
    Edit/Delete Message
    03-04-09 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD